Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn it, just check it out on the kaymar Facebook page!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
No real surprises there. Looks like it took a long time for someone to fit that bar to a til!

Interesting to note that ARB now have a front bar which is compatible with the radar/laser unit so the intelligent cruise will still work.

·
Registered
nissan
55 Posts
Yes... that was me!! And Kaymar have been in touch and they are actually planning on seeing if they can get it to work but want to advise of the risk in the mean time. I would have fitted it anyway but made the point to them that I should have been given the choice... hence the press release!
cheers
John

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depends. I don't need the carriers at the moment so saved. If I need them later it is all there to install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
I priced up a kaymar rear bar, with single wheel carrier and dual jerry holder, colour coded and fitted from whelspool arb, $ 5200.00.
I'll wait thank you.

·
The Centaur .5 Manpopwer .5 Horsepower
nissan
981 Posts
I priced up a kaymar rear bar, with single wheel carrier and dual jerry holder, colour coded and fitted from whelspool arb, $ 5200.00.
I'll wait thank you.
Yep I got a quote from an arb store over here in qld, $4900 not colour coded, I will be waiting for a while too.

·
nissan patrol
501 Posts
Are these quoted prices indicative of say a Y61 rear bar with the goodies OR are we paying for the RD on this?

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Bloody hell!! That's up there with price, fitting would be say $4-600!?
A factory tow bar fitted is $1-1500 isn't it!?
So 3.5k for a rear bar.. Mmm have some thinking to do when I get our new bus!

·
Registered
nissan
18 Posts
I have been quoted $850 for a heavy duty hayman reese towbar (fitted).... 5k puts this well out of my price range.

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
I spoke to kaymar before arb and they would not sell to public only go through arb.
And Steve at Welshpool arb said it's 4-6weeks lead time to bar being fitted.

·
nissan
981 Posts
I have been quoted $850 for a heavy duty hayman reese towbar (fitted).... 5k puts this well out of my price range.
Did they quote the ecu module with that. Our HR towbar was around $1060 fitted. The bar and ecu alone was about $830.

If you got it all for $850 you have got yourself a damn good price.

·
nissan
981 Posts
Just went back through my emails and found the price for the rear bar, it looks like I over stated the price it was actually $4702 plus colour coding which would be about $400 going on the price to colour code our bullbar. So all up about $5100. That price included a LHS jerrycan holder and RHS wheel carrier.
The same quote had the price for an ARB deluxe winch bar as well $3346 plus colour coding!!

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
Yeah a while back my quote was 5k plus for the kaymar so I went with the hayman Reese towbar supplied with ecu for $750 and fitted it myself was an easy job.

·
nissan
981 Posts
Just got a price from another ARB store and I am thinking that some stores maybe either have a much better buying power or are not quoting on some items.

$4725-Kaymar Rear bar with LHS jerrycan holder and RHS tyre carrier
$420-Reverse camera connect kit
$295-Nissan wiring harness for plug
$$$$-colour coding-This is usually around $350-$400

So going on all this for a kaymar rear bar you are looking at approx $5800 (if you need all the bits!!)

My missus has sort of approved a rear bar (after a lot of heartache about the swing away carriers) but certainly not at that price so I will be looking at something else.......

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Its a lot of money to pay for the inconvenience of having to open carriers all the time. I'm in and out of the back of my car so often i couldn't have one.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts