Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KC Flex Led light bar VS Made in China alternative on alibaba.

I have admired this KC Flex Array Led Light Bar for a long time and wanted to have it on my suv. Unfortunately, the price was a lot more than I was wiling to spend.

So, I looked for alternative and stumbled on this Made in China alternative.

This is made in China. But the output is on par with the KC lights. If you put both lights next to each other, you will not see the difference in light output. Light output from both looks like pure white 5500k.

They do have some slight differences in built quality, but output seems to be exactly the same: XM-L2 leds used.

The website in Australia selling the EXACT same lights I bought from alibaba in China.

32 inch Modular or Flex light bar in Australia...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For example. This KC Flex bar is 30 inch, has 15 led pods and cost $1,302.

I bought Made in China alternative to the KC light. I bought a total of 16 led pods and it cost me 1/4 of that price shipped to my door.

I am just sharing my find. Maybe it can help some people who are willing to go cheap for quality.

The offroad lights on my suv are all from China and performance is top notch.

KC light 30 inch with 15 pods

Made in China alternarive with 16 pods

I went to a 4 wheel parts store here to compare the built quality of the KC Flex light to the Made in China alternative. You can see for yourself how they look next to each other.

China made 8 pods on top. KC Flex 5 pods below.

China made on top. KC Flex below. Close up pic for comparison.

I hooked it up last night to see the output. This thing is bright. I will replace the lights below on my car with these new lights. I just need to find a day to go get it done.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unboxing flex led pods from China. Shipped through FedEx. It took 5 business days from China to my door.

Hooked up the light to test output. Very impressive.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As much as I do not like the gold bezel, the company in China told me they did not have black bezels for me. So, I will see what I will do about that some day soon or I will leave them gold as is.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted these lights to have 2 switches. 1 to control the top and 1 to control the bottom. And here is the final product. I could not find a replacement switch that would give me oem look. So, I just have to live with these 2 switches here. If I find a better solution, I will go for it. These lights are very bright.

Switch for top row on.

Switch for bottom row on.

Both switches on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The new led light I just installed are all spot lights.

So, I went and flew my drone this night to take some aerial shots and a video. Here are some drone pictures of the light. The led is very bright. More light output than my headlights.

If I had mounted these leds at the same height point where my low beams are, I would get a very nice spread and more usable light than what my low beams produce now.

Pictures of the leds only. Performance is very good. And aesthetically, it looks really good on my suv. I used to be bothered by the gold bezel, but it actually adds a good touch.

Pictures of all my lights turned on. Low beams, fog lights, 8.5" laser led light and the new leds I just installed.

I went through some back roads and turned on all these lights and I was not surprised. It does turn night into day. It is extremely bright.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My low beams only.

Low beams and fogs only. My fogs produce more light than my low beams. It just does not reach far out because of where my fogs are located.

Low beams, fogs and new led pods I just installed.

Low beams, fogs, new led pods and my 8.5" laser leds.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally got around to making a video showing the performance of these new flex led lights. Thought I should post it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts