Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 2006 GU4 that has the key with built in central locking remote. I'm about to upgrade the remote central locking with something decent so I would like to go to the older style key that doesn't have the built in remote.

Has anyone done this before and can confirm the keys work?

Thanks
Shane

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,342 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a 2006 GU4 that has the key with built in central locking remote. I'm about to upgrade the remote central locking with something decent so I would like to go to the older style key that doesn't have the built in remote.

Has anyone done this before and can confirm the keys work?

Thanks
Shane
What are you upgrading to? this might make things easier for us to comment. I got sick of replacing the damned remote on mine at exorbitant prices, so found a new remote with flip out key at half the price that was programmed to work with std lock solenoids, works from well over twice the distance the original did, has been working well for many years now, is this something you might consider?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey mate,

I'm probably going to use a Viper remote central locking kit so I can use AUX outputs to turn on flood lights on the roof.

I was looking at using a genuine H05645Y700 key.

Thanks mate
Shane

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys,

Just a quick update, the genuine H05645Y700 key does not work on the 4.2GU Patrols. The transponder chip is not compatible I'm told.

Thanks
Shane

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,342 Posts
Hey guys,

Just a quick update, the genuine H05645Y700 key does not work on the 4.2GU Patrols. The transponder chip is not compatible I'm told.

Thanks
Shane
Can't remember the year it happened but I do seem to remember there being a change in frequency rating for remotes, which would change compatibility I would assume.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats possible but I'm not sure what year it could be. That key works for a 2010 3.0 but doesn't work for my 2006 4.2 :(

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,342 Posts
In the back of my mind I had 2005, but on reflection it may also have come about with the advent of the CRD which was very late 2006 (with a few still around in early 2007). @Yendor may have the answers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had a quick eBay search for a new remotes and they are advertised as 1997-2006 so that might be your answer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts