Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
- here's some info so far.

my 4x4 history
1st up (in 94 i think)
- 91 model swb soft top Vitara.
Vitara.jpg
sold.jpg
sold2.jpg

some where in here i had a puss-bucket old LC ute, to bash.. it was ****, need i say more..

next up (1st Patrol) (will have to take my shoes off and do a countback to get he year)
- 89 GQ ST 4.2 petrol
resize rear drivers.jpg
resize frt drivers.jpg

in sept 2007 was (2nd Patrol)
-2004 GU IV ST-L 3.0 DI zd30.
patrol new 01.jpg
IMAG1172_1.jpg
IMAG2744.jpg

in Aug 2015 my 3rd Patrol
- 2015 Y62 series 3 TI 5.6 petrol
IMAG2686.jpg
IMAG2702.jpg

·
Registered
nissan
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
the new Y62 TI in Gun Metallic- i had a towbar fitted by the dealer along with some 'rubber mats'.
so in the last two months,

i have replaced the stock tyres with BFG KO2's.
Tinted windows
got the Rhino leg kit and put my Roofbars on and also use that to mount my rhino platform to the bars.
got myself a GME handheld 5watt UHF for in the car.
added some airbagman rear airbags (HP kit)
added a TowPro Brake Controller.
ran some Battery cable from the engine bay to the inside rear, in prep for trailer anderson plug and Aux Battery/ Aux power outlets. i already connected the std rear plug to those wires (always on).

·
Registered
nissan
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the new Y62 TI in Gun Metallic- i had a towbar fitted by the dealer along with some 'rubber mats'.
so in the last two months,

i have replaced the stock tyres with BFG KO2's.
Tinted windows
got the Rhino leg kit and put my Roofbars on and also use that to mount my rhino platform to the bars.
got myself a GME handheld 5watt UHF for in the car.
added some airbagman rear airbags (HP kit)
added a TowPro Brake Controller.
ran some Battery cable from the engine bay to the inside rear, in prep for trailer anderson plug and Aux Battery/ Aux power outlets. i already connected the std rear plug to those wires (always on).
added a kicker hideaway powered sub woofer late last year. more info in fb group, will try to add info here soon.
have added and connected the rear 40amp circuit to anderson plug for the trailer/outside power.
have added the 'merit' plug for my fridge.
run wire to passenger left rear door for the 2nd row/centre console acc/usb outlets

to do short list:
add an 40amp circuit internal anderson plug
add a 60amp low voltage cutout 'main battery branch' that powers the sub and anderson plugs.
add the ctek 250s and the aux batteries setup.

bit longer term::
also have ordered 'update and Retrofitted headlights' from Mick HID's retrofits
i will need to make the 'jack compartment cover' 'split' so i can access the jack when the fridge or stuff is loaded in the back.

want/possibles:

• mounting the air comp in the side panel somewhere.
  • adding a 'storage/recovery gear' box in the engine bay where others mount the 2nd battery.
  • sliders that look and act as side steps
  • maybe a scangauge type tool that can display many things or even the 'bullydog' which can flashtune and display info.
  • will consider a front bar/bumper that can support a winch.. currently thinking of the rhino4x4 brand type. no y62 offering from them yet.
  • some kind of draw/table/fridge slide for the left 60%side in the rear.
  • maybe some stronger std height rear springs to handle bigger loads/towing.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,430 Posts
Good stuff Kez. Bring it to the Show And Shine!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts