Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti cab chassis
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted cs series Kicker 6.5 coaxial speakers in their doors?

If so how do you find them?
I will just be running them off a Kenwood head unit..They get good reviews but just wondering if anyone's using them..
Cheers.馃憤

Registered
Are they just their run of the mill spec. I have some but don't remember the model. They are just running off a pioneer headunit. No complaints working fine. Had them compared to Alpine Type R's that I had before. The Kickers are a little baseier than the Alpines. Both similar output specs.
Will probably go back to the Alpines when I put the amp and sub in as they suit my style of music a bit better but at present as only speakers I really have no complaint about the Kicker.

Reactions: 45/70

06 Td42ti cab chassis
Discussion Starter #3
The ones I'm looking at are the cs series fester..middle of the range. Don't want to run an amp. Had all that in the old wagon, just want something with a bit more bass and clarity.

Registered
Mine are just the couple hundred oosr version from Autobarn. Can't remember model but definately not high end. I would not have paid more than $250 for my needs. Advertised as 300 watt if I recall correctly. I think they may have been the CS bit too long ago. Tweeters just positioned on the mirror mount cover triangles.

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
I have the CS in the rear doors of my ute but have splits in the front, just need to put the tweets in place but I have them through an amp. Still, they can be cranked up and sound good, even my son is impressed. You'll have to wait till I get home, for full confirmation on them.

Foo

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
If you do a search on here, you should find them.

Foo

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Registered
nissan patrol
Putting a speaker back in the door only allows for 6.5, and if you have the ST then the plastic door grill also covers the speaker. Anything you put there will be better than standard but it's still a big ask from 2x6.5 speakers.

I went high end with focal speakers, amp and sub and sound deadening in the doors

06 Td42ti cab chassis
Discussion Starter #8
Not going for splits Fester, want it to stay as is. The cs 2 way kickers are on sale at Autobarn atm for $95.00. 100 watt rms, 300 watt max.

06 Td42ti cab chassis
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like a nice system plumma..
I had a big system in wagon, Alpine hu, pioneer splits in front, fusion reactors in rear and a 12" digital designs sub..
The front and rear were powered by a soundstream picasso amp (60w rms per channel) and the sub was fed by a response amp (520w rms) and the sub was backed up by a 1 farrad capacitor..Very loud indeed.

Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
Not going for splits Fester, want it to stay as is. The cs 2 way kickers are on sale at Autobarn atm for $95.00. 100 watt rms, 300 watt max.
100 watts RMS is quite a lot. I doubt that any head unit will operate them properly. Not a golden rule, more a rule of thumb, but quite often the higher the power handling capacity, the less efficient they are, which means that without a decent amplifier these speakers may not sound as good as say some 40-60w RMS units. Without enough power, the cones just may not respond well. Food for thought anyway. You may find in their specs a guide for amplifier power.

06 Td42ti cab chassis
Discussion Starter #11
They claim to be the perfect replacement for factory speakers with or without standard head units with or without an amp..Time will tell I spose Shane.

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
They claim to be the perfect replacement for factory speakers with or without standard head units with or without an amp..Time will tell I spose Shane.
But they work best with da amp hooked up. My amp is only about 200mm X 75mm X 50mm.

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
Just check the required min watts required.
I had the JB special kickers in the Patrol. Turned out I needed a bigger amp to run them properly. But icbf so I ran them off the 50x4 amp in the Sony head unit.
They were nice and clear but lacked bass. I wonder if I had an amp if that would of improved them. It was a good compromise in the end as I also had a set of Pioneers in the other doors that were better for bass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

06 Td42ti cab chassis
Discussion Starter #14
They are rated at 4ohm but in actual fact are really 3.4 ohm so it dosent take a lot of power to get them working.

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Dis be dem. :)

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
I have Focal component speakers, 5.5" in the front, and 6.5" in the rear, with the rear only running as a mid range (no tweeter hooked up). They are 60 and 75 watts RMS respectively, and I run them off a large reference series A Class Boston Acoustic amp with adjustable crossover points.

Not sure how you can drive a 100W rated speaker with 10 watts or so. I reckon you would need 40 watts RMS or more to get those cones moving. Only one way to find out though!! ;)

06 Td42ti cab chassis
Discussion Starter #19
Picked up a pair on way home, will fit in the morning..

06 Td42ti cab chassis
Discussion Starter #20
I have Focal component speakers, 5.5" in the front, and 6.5" in the rear, with the rear only running as a mid range (no tweeter hooked up). They are 60 and 75 watts RMS respectively, and I run them off a large reference series A Class Boston Acoustic amp with adjustable crossover points.

Not sure how you can drive a 100W rated speaker with 10 watts or so. I reckon you would need 40 watts RMS or more to get those cones moving. Only one way to find out though!! ;)
If they sound crap I will ad an amp later but I'm sure they will sound better than stickies.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts