Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont understand how people could nearly hit a kid in a nappy on its own in the dark, walking around - and not call the cops.

A semi driver nearly wiped him out, few cars nearly wiped him out, but they all called the cops this morning to say they nearly hit him - TOO ****IN LATE SPANKERS... :headwall::headwall: :headwall: :headwall:

A woman reported to the police this morning that she saw the youngster wandering across the busy Princes Highway. A truck driver also saw the child on the highway.

Police have also been told that the boy was spotted near the train tracks prior to his death.

Senior Sergeant Shane Coles said the woman had called this morning saying she had seen the youngster on the highway and he had narrowly avoided being struck by a car.
:headwall::headwall: :headwall: :headwall:

What am I missing here?

Train tragedy: grief-stricken family remembers 'beautiful' Kieran

·
Slow, Rough and Expensive
1,137 Posts
Looks like everyone saw him but couldn't be farked to get off their aarses and do something!:angryfir:
Its a pretty sad world we live in when people drive past a kid in nappys walking around on a highway and dont stop to make sure he's safe:-(

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
i was watching a charley boorman dvd the other day. they were in Malaysia and reported that 80% of drivers will kill at least 70 people in his/her entire train driving career.

definately is a sad world..

·
Registered
nissan
401 Posts
Im just speechless........:(

·
Registered
nissan gu
1,195 Posts
I was having a good day till I read that :(

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Looks like everyone saw him but couldn't be farked to get off their aarses and do something!:angryfir:
Its a pretty sad world we live in when people drive past a kid in nappys walking around on a highway and dont stop to make sure he's safe:-(
unfknblvbl!!
What's that saying .."when good men do nothing" or something

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
All evil needs to prevail is for good men to do nothing. How sad that so many people could have helped but didnt. Maybe next time they'll go out of their way to be a good community member.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Hang on, why are we hanging so much of the blame on the pwople who drove past? WHERE WERE THE FUCCING PARENTS!???!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
Mic the boy is autistic, I have 6 siblings, one is autistic, when younger he used to like to take off about once every 6 months, we always managed to catch him goin out the gate, we had a few close calls though. Its not as easy saying where are the parents. there were 9 of us in the house and as hard as you try and keep tabs on them you cant be everywhere at once.

Same thing happened to my girlfriends family, they took their eyes off the youngest son for a second when he was a toddler when they were camping at lorne caravan park, he had managed to crawl to the middle of the road (great ocean road) and everyone was looking franticly for him. he was sitting on the middle of the road with cars tooting their horns as they drove past, not one person stopped, but they had their attention attracted by the horns.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
Disabled kids scare the fck out of me, I don't know if I could bring myself to have kids because of it. I know how much of a pain in the arse I was to deal with as a kid and I wasn't even disabled (at least not diagnosed).

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Disabled kids scare the fck out of me, I don't know if I could bring myself to have kids because of it. I know how much of a pain in the arse I was to deal with as a kid and I wasn't even disabled (at least not diagnosed).
Agreed.

I have Yoorala and Monkami in my street and frankly, f*** that. They get out all the time and make a bee line for the train tracks.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
x a million!

I'm scared too. The missus want's one now that she got the shackle 'round my finger. I'm terrified about having a kid with a disability, let alone MY own ability to provide for a wife and kid. AND i have no family history of suck problems!

What scares me is i work in petroleum remediation. I'm afraid that the small amounts of HCs i come in contact with might have some affect on my mini-me production... Even though i reming myself that mechanics, terminal workers, hell even landscapers are exposed to fuel more than I am and they seem to have kids that generally turn out fine...

nethers, mate I wasn't trying to imply that the parents were negligent, it just seemed that all the blame was attributed to the passers by. now, i think it's abhorrent that people would just drive by and not do something about it, BUT the paren't are the ONLY people responsiblr for their kid, accident/mistake or what. It is a sad story, and so much more, or even the smallest act, would have changed it into a happy one :(. I feel for the family and all the passers by. They'll all be feeling like chit with guilt i expect.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm scared too. The missus want's one now that she got the shackle 'round my finger. I'm terrified about having a kid with a disability, let alone MY own ability to provide for a wife and kid. AND i have no family history of suck problems!
go get a secret vasectomy :)

You will get it 20 times a week while shes trying, and your gettin laid win/win.
Mate did it with his mail order, although he told her he had only a partial vasectomy ROTFLMAO..

anyway wats the probleml, go to USA and you can order every single spec you want down to what pigment colour in the skin you want... hair colour, sex, height the works.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
nethers, mate I wasn't trying to imply that the parents were negligent,
nah wasnt havin dig mate, i was just saying more that alot of the time its hard to imagine how difficult it can be until you've experienced it first hand, cheers mate

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
nah wasnt havin dig mate, i was just saying more that alot of the time its hard to imagine how difficult it can be until you've experienced it first hand, cheers mate
No worries mat. didn't think you were. I just wanted to clarify my point too. I wouldn't even TRY to imagine it. It's a sad day for all involved :(.

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
Mic,
I was in the military for 27 years, I stood around radars, not that close to get fried, worked around carcogens, was around radio waves alot of the time, and used numerous chemicals they found out were not good for us. I fathered 2 very healthy boys (sometimes too bloody healthy), the only health problems they had was breathing (staying breathing, that is) when they gave me the s$%ts. just joking. One is a very healthy adult and the other is a healthy teenager. Don't be scared they (pet humans, LOL) can be the greatest joy in your life and also the greatest pain the rear end at times.

·
Registered
nissan gq
706 Posts
I feel for old mate driving the train,poor bloke could see the kid but could'nt stop.
How could he sleep at night that would be the only thing he would see everytime.
Poor bloke, hope he keeps himself together.

·
Slow But Reliable
nissan gq patrol
527 Posts
Agreed.

I have Yoorala and Monkami in my street and frankly, f*** that. They get out all the time and make a bee line for the train tracks.
So disabled kids scare you both?? Well my oldest son is autistic, he doesn't go for walks by himself and is the quietest and nicest kid you would probably find. I am ****@n sick and tired of cun!s saying stupid and meaningless things like this. What is so scary for you both? Can't either of you men handle a little difficulty? I hope that my son can stop coming up to me and ask why adults can somethings be just as mean as the kids that pick on him. It just breaks my heart. I hope that neither of you have a disabled child as it's not easy, but l wouldn't swap him for any other.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GQ WAGHOON said:
So disabled kids scare you both?? Well my oldest son is autistic, he doesn't go for walks by himself and is the quietest and nicest kid you would probably find. I am ****@n sick and tired of cun!s saying stupid and meaningless things like this. What is so scary for you both? Can't either of you men handle a little difficulty?.
Not having a go, but not all of them are 'a little difficult'... Mates son is a nightmare until the feed him his meds, then he is like a zombie. Both parents are at the end of their rope.. sometimes he doesnt even want to go home.
so there is nothing wrong with people being worried about it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts