Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
17,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm being treated for these bastards at the moment,

The pain is something else, off for scans tomorrow, the doc gave me a jar in case I pass one in the hope that I can catch, he said i will know because it will feel like i'm passing gravel, could be another rough night ahead.

Any one had experience with these farkers??

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,120 Posts
Nupe but I have a mate that has been in hospital for two days now, with them.

Foo

·
17,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nupe but I have a mate that has been in hospital for two days now, with them.

Foo
Poor bastard, fkn painful.

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,286 Posts
Seriously are they that painful . And is there any way to avoid such an episode of then??

Sent from Alf Stewart's rape dungeon .

·
17,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seriously are they that painful . And is there any way to avoid such an episode of then??

fknoath,

Dont think you can avoid it once you have them.:(

·
17,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive suffered from them from time to time. I'd rather smash my testicles with a lump hammer than suffer the pain from another bout again.
Did you just pass yours pal??

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Comes from drinking creek water out of a pail rather than using the tap like a normal human. They swallow the stones then have to piss them out.

·
Registered
33,169 Posts
What my understanding is that they are caused by not drinking enough water...

That's a good Question for the forum doctors.. What causes kidney stones forum doctors ..?

·
Registered
nissan
1,671 Posts
I've never had them but my FIL has and the doc told him his sort were from not drinking enough water but apparently there are a few different sorts of stones with a few different causes.

·
17,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
why did you put them in there?

seems a bit silly.
For 5hits and giggles yom.

Comes from drinking creek water out of a pail rather than using the tap like a normal human. They swallow the stones then have to piss them out.
I'm hurting, how about some sympathy ffs Alex.:(

What my understanding is that they are caused by not drinking enough water...

That's a good Question for the forum doctors.. What causes kidney stones forum doctors ..?

Driller will know.;)

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
It is often hereditary and relatively uncommon. Some medications can precipitate it as well as being fat can. Certainly drink more because that flushes the system, I'd go for beer myself, it has worked for me.

·
17,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think.

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
12,085 Posts
Yes mate they are a bitch aren't they.

I had them last year. Woke up, went for a leak, went back to bed and as I lay down got a funny pain high up in my back.

1hr later I was on my way to hospital in my first ever wambulance ride. Flucking excruciating is an understatement!!!!!

Doctor told my wife " if we give him anymore morphine he will stop breathing" lol.

I have to be honest and say I was scared ****less for a while. One minute your feeling like you need to have a leak and nothing is happening, the next minute your on the floor with a case of the sweats feeling like you want to hurl but can't move. Then it starts all over again.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
nissan
2,771 Posts
I had them about 30 years ago, the pain was unbelievable.

Mine had already passed, but the body kept expecting more and went into spasms at uneven but frequent intervals.

I was grey, apparently. Doc shoved a pethedine shot into my bum; the relief was instant and 30 mins later I went home spasm and pain free.

Doc said women who [email protected] on about childbirth pain have never passed a kidney stone :)

Cause unknown, maybe too much coffee and grog, not sure. No recurrence, thank god!

Reactions: GUEY

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
12,085 Posts

Mate, there is no way to describe the pain. Imagine getting kicked in the nuts, then quadruple that pain!

Caused by uric acid build up. It forms into a stone then if it breaks away look out. The main pain is caused when travelling from the kidney to the bladder.

Was told to drink water with lemon in it once a day.
Also told to avoid beetroot and a few other things. I have a outpatients form here somewhere that tells the do's and don'ts. Will see if I can dig it out.

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Yeah, my bestie suffered a bad case of them recently. They were packed in like a full sack of marbles, and hopefully* because one was missed, the bout of pancreatis she went through was only because of that one, which was also surgically removed.
Horrible, horrible sounding things.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts