Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.

A few members (myself included) are thinking about speaking to King Shocks in order to purchase some smoothie's. Now not to be a buzz kill, but these are not "ironman" or "TJM" shocks and there cost reflects that... but as many members will attest, they are worth it.
If there a a few numbers I will make a few calls and firm up some solid pricing and then go from there if you want it custom valved, larger shaft, custom anodised, whatever you feel.

Ive never run a group buy before but I'm happy to do the leg work for the group, and there is a few threads (and people) who can help you with choice of size.

So, if your interested in the "investment" of kings let us know.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Great idea, good luck with it!

·
Registered
nissan
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Id be a few months of aswell, might have a few more numbers up by then

·
Registered
nissan
159 Posts
Hi,
I have a GU 2008 coil cab with a 2inch lift, with adjusters, I'm interested.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Yet another keen, but maybe next year. Just got a few trips coming up that'll limit cash flow.

·
Registered
nissan
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah for sure, as xmas is coming up I wouldn't expect anyone having thats sort of money just for shocks, so ill get some figures and post them up tomorrow, then l'll try to sure up the serious number early next year and go from there, so no rush. This is more of a "expression of interest", plenty of time to save!

·
nissan
6,273 Posts
From your build thread...

If we where to do it, some would have ute's, some wagons, different weights and requirements, but thats what they do, and if the is 5+ set's i don't think they will mind ironing them out for us (or ask jamie to do it, that's what I did).
Gonna start a tread.
Not a drama, had friends order multiple sets before and they valve each set exactly to your needs.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
i'll be keen for a set feb/march next year. i'm hoping to have my springs sorted by then so I can get the right ext/comp lengths. i'll be keen for a set of bumps for the front too.

·
Registered
Nissan
7,086 Posts
Are all of you guys aware what kings actually cost?
500 bucks for a set of 4?

If its next year I could be keen also.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #2
nissan
1,137 Posts
I've already spoken to brads father from king shocks Australia and he gave a rough price of $3600, custom tuned, a very good explanation of the product you've purchased and how to get the most out of them and impressive after sales support which is very important to me.

I feel like a goose for forgetting his name but he said if I decide to go with their product he'd like to come for a drive and see my farm, which I may be able to sneak in a bit of real world testing with him ;)

He seemed genuinely eager to please, sounded very easy to get along with, didn't try and over sell his product and is an Australian business

·
Registered
nissan
711 Posts
Put me down as a possibly, I have been looking at either kings or fox. Would be keen depending on timing and price.

·
Registered
nissan
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've already spoken to brads father from king shocks Australia and he gave a rough price of $3600
I was in AUS4WD taking to Sandy about these a few weeks back, a set of 4 smoothies is not that much. I will get better figures tomorrow. I will also get bumpstop and damper prices aswell as some my be interested in them to.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
i paid 2250 for my last set from the states delivered. with a damper.

even with our crap dollar atm its still only au$1100 an end. buy it now inc shipping and fees on ebay. anyone selling standard kings for 3600 has a spot reserved for them in the "WTF overpriced" thread.
King Performance Series Front Shock KIT FOR Nissan Patrol Y61 With 0" TO 2" Lift | eBay
A DECENT price for group buy of 5 sets, would be circa 1700-1800 delivered for a set of 4 smoothies.
A GREAT price would be 1500-1700.
INSANITY is anything under 1400 for a set of 4 delivered.

Im in with cash for either of the latter. if its *just* a good price, ill wait for the dollar to fluctuate and buy at my own leisure.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts