Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Have just upgraded the suspension on the GU. Went with Koni shocks and the following king springs;
KDFR-42HHD Front
KDPR-59SP 500kg rear

Blooody hell - it gained more than 2 inches and it now drives better than my old Pajero - no more hooking left!! The issue I have it that at present both the front and rear are dead equal. Given I went through Wilkinson to get the springs and they looked over the car they assured the back would sit higher than the front. I'm often towing a camper with 150kg tow ball down weight - hence the 3 inch lifted springs in the rear. I am assuming the rear of the car will sag about 15-20mm with the camper on.

What options do I have to make the car level with the camper? Coil spacers - different springs - airbags?

The ride is amazing compared to what it was, for the record.

Thanks in advance.

Rej

·
Registered
nissan
2,588 Posts
have you measured between the bump stops to find out exactly what your lift is at the moment

·
Registered
nissan
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ls1 - I hadn't but here you go.

Loaded 120mm
Unloaded 130mm

From top of hub to bottom of wheel arch;
un loaded - 540mm front and back
Loaded 525mm rear 545 front

·
obi 1 patientnewby !
nissan
495 Posts
I have a King Springs 2 inch lift with the same front springs, the front of mine was higher than the back, I put 20mm spacers in the back to level it up, local suspension shop tells me if you contact King springs they always recommend the HDD but they always recommend the HD springs because the front always sits higher with the HDD springs.
I don't now what the HDD springs a for as I have steel bull bar, winch with steel rope and duel batteries and spot lights. but I am very happy with it now.

·
Registered
nissan
2,588 Posts
these are the stock heights the difference is the lift you have

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have the same spring combo. Also purchased from Wilkinsons.

I went for Coil rite rear air bags and 30mm spacers and now it sits nice.

Cheers

Craig

·
Registered
nissan
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies!

Just back from 1000k test run.

Very happy with this setup. I may drop back to the HD fronts if they will swap them out for less than the cost of a new set of coils. Drives very nicely now.

Rej

·
Registered
nissan
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the same spring combo. Also purchased from Wilkinsons.

I went for Coil rite rear air bags and 30mm spacers and now it sits nice.

Cheers

Craig
How to the Koni Shocks handle with the spacers in? Wilkinson told me not to fit them!

Rej

1 - 8 of 8 Posts