Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Elmo
Nissan
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I thought, well Patrol's are pretty tank. And they have a reputation of being a beast. But to be quite honest, I'm sure most of the GU owners out there know that the horn isn't very intimidating. So I'm in the market for like a train horn or a klaxxon horn or something that scares the living S*** out of people on the road.

Any ideas or thoughts are welcome.

Cheers

Deccers

·
Banned
nissan patrol
178 Posts
air horns will do the job

·
Elmo
Nissan
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah sounds alright. But I have no idea what make / model. Where to get them or how to install them . . .

·
Banned
nissan patrol
178 Posts
try auto barn my local has them

·
Registered
902 Posts
Why do you want to scare the **** out of everyone on the road?
Just another excuse for the powers that be to come down hard 4X4s.
Our reputation is bad enough already.
Instead of blowing your air horns pull up along side of them and blow them a kiss.

Works a treat.:)

·
Elmo
Nissan
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why do you want to scare the **** out of everyone on the road?
Just another excuse for the powers that be to come down hard 4X4s.
Our reputation is bad enough already.
Instead of blowing your air horns pull up along side of them and blow them a kiss.

Works a treat.:)
Yeah I understand the reputation we have, but I would only use it in appropriate situations. Mainly because I drive through Sunnybank (asian central) every afternoon, that should explain everything.

·
Chev 6.5 litre V8: no substitute for cubic inches
nissan patrol
2,633 Posts
These http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRAIN-HORN-K...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aa56df471 are the ones I use.

They are very bloody loud....so I have a switch to isolate them from the "standard" horn, which I have replaced with one of these http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Stebel-Nauti...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d2b79f679

This means that they get the quieter Stebel horns if I have the switch turned off (not very often), or otherwise they get BOTH.

I know some people reckon that we should be considerate road users.....but honestly....the standard Nissan horn is just a far king joke.

·
Registered
nissan
400 Posts
If you run an air tank, just source a truck air horn with solenoid. I have a pair running off a 2kg fire extinguisher tank, recharged by my air locker compressor, holding about 110psi. I run the power to them is tandem with one standard Nissan horn, so if the compressor is off, the standard horn takes over.

·
Elmo
Nissan
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers for the feedback guys. Seems like I need to get an air compressor to run these babies!

·
Registered
nissan
172 Posts
@deccers91.....asian central - should explain everything.....bit racist there? Remember you are sitting in an asian built vehicle...or have I got you wrong,hope so.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
@deccers91.....asian central - should explain everything.....bit racist there? Remember you are sitting in an asian built vehicle...or have I got you wrong,hope so.
theres also some similar posts back in 2004 you may wanna confirm the intent on .

·
Registered
310 Posts
The Stebel was a cheap good option to install in replacement of the standard horn.

With a little fiddling, you can fit them using the existing bolt holes from the factory horns to mount them.
You can use two stebels to replace both factory horns if you want to make it louder.

Beats the lag and hassle of setting up of an air horn.
Thats my opinion even though i already have an onboard compressor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts