Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys got a loud knock sounds like front right area when i turn a corner and hit a bump in the road (at the same time) i cant find any thing that is lose or worn out dont run sway bars and have a 3" lift dont no if any one has had this problem and solved it but its got me stumped

any help would be awsome

·
Registered
nissan gq
706 Posts
Mine does the same ive been told that it could be the body mount bushes are worn and the crush tube it hitting the floor.Ive also been told that it's in the floor pan and it will crack and once welded it will stop it,s something to with the metal shrinking while welding it.

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
if cab mounts worn it will start cracking inner guard near battery mine was that bad it cracked right through and started cracking guard.

·
She's apples
nissan patrol
1,063 Posts
Mine did the same, it ended up being the rubber spring insulators had a small hole in them (thin bits of rubber that sit on top of the springs). Took a while to find as the hole was tiny.

Try turning them a bit so they sit in a different position, you will need to just about remove the spring to do this.

Cheap and easy try first.

·
Registered
nissan
1,086 Posts
if it does it when you turn, have a quik look at the rubber piece that is in the steering knuckle just before the steer box. I tried to track a clunk in mine (1 of many) and found that. I could feel a small jolt in the steering wheel as well. only seen 1 other truck do this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts