Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1982 MQ PATROL L28
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just replaced my master clutch and slave cylinder in the old girl, took her for a drive and am hearing knocking/ rattling from (i think) inside the engine, only at low rpm or idle and not all the time, almost sounds like theres a small bolt in the engine. its an L28 with no turbo, she miss-fires occasionally and her rings are on their way out, was going to attempt an at home motor re-build when i have the money but i feel like ill have to fast track and do it now. Any ideas or advice are helpfull

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,954 Posts
Don't normally comment in this section but rule of thumb (if you didn't already know) is big ends knock and little ends rattle and the amount can change depending on oil pressure rise and degree of wear. If the rings are shot as you suspect then all will be revealed when you strip her down, which sounds like a good plan.
My 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
1982 MQ PATROL L28
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't normally comment in this section but rule of thumb (if you didn't already know) is big ends knock and little ends rattle and the amount can change depending on oil pressure rise and degree of wear. If the rings are shot as you suspect then all will be revealed when you strip her down, which sounds like a good plan.
My 2 cents worth.
cheers man, it was only little end rattles but im looking more into it and i think it was just the motor getting enogh oil, been driving around and its not happening anymore

1 - 3 of 3 Posts