Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that 2in lifts have been done to death, but if people could help me with one question that would be great.

I'm trying to decide between koni/kings or suspention stuff.

Koni:
82's with kings $1474.72
88's with kings $1904.50 (I don't really have that much $ to spend)

Suspention Stuff:
Mates rates kit $770.00

The Question is: Are koni 82's / kings $700 better than a suspention stuff kit????

My gu is mostly a city car that once a month or two dose a vic high country trip and once a year a outback/ desert type trip.

Thanks

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
I know that 2in lifts have been done to death, but if people could help me with one question that would be great.

I'm trying to decide between koni/kings or suspention stuff.

Koni:
82's with kings $1474.72
88's with kings $1904.50 (I don't really have that much $ to spend)

Suspention Stuff:
Mates rates kit $770.00

The Question is: Are koni 82's / kings $700 better than a suspention stuff kit????

My gu is mostly a city car that once a month or two dose a vic high country trip and once a year a outback/ desert type trip.

Thanks
or the top of the range Koni 90 series $1500 for 4 including freight from the UK ...

·
Registered
nissan
11,202 Posts
I will say the suspension stuff shocks especially the smaller bore ones really don't cut it keeping a loaded patrol under control. The bigger ones do just. IMO go either the bigger suspension stuff shocks or the konis I'd probably go the konis in from the uk. Cheap cheap and real good

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've just sent an email to two uk suppliers to see if they will post to AUS, will see what reply I get. If anyone has first hand experience with getting Koni's from o/s, I would lve to hear how they went.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
I've just sent an email to two uk suppliers to see if they will post to AUS, will see what reply I get. If anyone has first hand experience with getting Koni's from o/s, I would lve to hear how they went.
That bloke will ship to AU, I have price at home... When I get the coin, Im gettin 90's... dont need em but they are cheaper than 82's in aussie so why not!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts