Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I couldn't find an L plate club so I started one.

This club is for all of you out there in the same boat as me. Restricted on where you can go due to the need for a licensed driver in the passenger seat at all times. And most the time, when you leave the blacktop, you also seem to leave the drivers seat.:anger:

Or you can join if your on your learners permit.:mrgreen:

This is a club you can actually join even if you don't have a car, cause everyone else understands why.
Or you can join to brag about how your richer than everyone else and already have a Patrol.

The only thing you need is a piece of plastic (or laminated paper) that says LEARNER.

Anyway, I'll take spot #1

So far.

#1 Punderhead - Toowoomba - No car as yet

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
nice one mate.

I was one once... Ahhh.... the nostalgia!

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
I'm L for my Motorbike does that count??

P.S Good on you for getting into the 4x4 spirit so young, i wish i hadn't wasted years of time and money (not to mention risking my life in stupid situations) trying to keep up with street cars (you could own a V8 on your P's back then)

·
Registered
nissan
493 Posts
Mate im gonna take #2 i bought my mk this year and the best thing is that i live about 500m from the bush my mate has just bought a gq and is getting his p's in a few weeks so we will be goin bush every weekend... also to celebrate the new year me n some mates are going camping they all have their p's so my car is comming with me...it's gonna b good...hope ya find yourself a patrol soon mate! u wont regret gettin it!

·
Registered
nissan
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^No, but they can drive his car when on the road!^^ Then he can take over when off public property in bush, simple really!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
^^No, but they can drive his car when on the road!^^ Then he can take over when off public property in bush, simple really!
And I'm tipping that he won't be on private property. You're a dreamer if you think he will be. I'm not THAT old to know that they will be in public forests.

·
Registered
nissan
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Point taken, yet it is still a lot less dangerous then driving on the road.

·
Give it some goat
nissan
2,697 Posts
Jeeze you can really tell that it's school holidays......
x2 Although I would love to go wheeling with a bunch of L and P platers would be rather interesting don't you think?

·
Registered
nissan
778 Posts
I agree it would be interesting id be happy to wheel with L and P platers as long as they and there co-pilots are mature and willing to respect the environment and learn from mistakes.
We were all L platers once and I for one am happy to learn anything and don't mind who I learn from.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7 Posts
il take number two.......for 7 months. :)

#2 L plate club

·
Registered
nissan
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
il take number two.......for 7 months. :)

#2 L plate club

Sorry, Matt 1984 mk is #2, and mudpig is #3, you can have #4.

#1, Punderhead - Toowoomba - No car as yet
#2, Matt 1984 mk - 500m from the bush - 1984 MK SWB Patrol
#3 Mudpig - Melbourne - 92 LWB TD42
#4 MattO100 - ??????? - ???????

·
Registered
nissan
493 Posts
But you still can't legally drive with them.
yeah not on the road but in the bush mate...

Found a great little articulation hill track which was fun and i learned a lot from driving it a few times because i've only really played in the mud...good camping trip that was!

we saw some idiot nearly roll his patrol by reversing down a hill while turning. it was the stupidest thing i've ever seen, we got up the top and offered to whinch them out fowards but they got they got snatched out backwards by their mate: another bad move... but they got out safely at least.

·
i like it dirty
nissan patrol
1,325 Posts
x2 Although I would love to go wheeling with a bunch of L and P platers would be rather interesting don't you think?
Its good fun, depending on the type of p platers you go with they just like to find big rock to smash there bull bars onto trying to take a flex picture, big puddles to drive thru and get covered in mud because it looks 'cool' and try do all the tracks in 2WD so they can brag about not needing to use 4WD, but cry when they go though tires and clutches faster than others.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts