Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive brought a laminated and braced front gq diff just the housing and i was wandering can i build it up to have the bigger gu brakes is the swivel hubs diffrent or is it just the rotors and calipers that are different?

cheers mitch

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I think the knuckles are the same. But not certain. It will definitely be covered if you have a good search around. Just use the search in the grey bar, not the one in the red section.
I assume your ute is a coily, because the leaf knuckles are very different.

If you can be patient I'm testing a prototype GQ brake kit shortly. Kits should be available later this year with approx 330mm by 32mm slotted, vented rotor and 4 piston calipers. You will need 16 inch rims.
I have a set of leaf knuckles and will be able to confirm later if the kit will fit a leaf ute.

·
Registered
nissan
11,121 Posts
I think the knuckles are the same. But not certain. It will definitely be covered if you have a good search around. Just use the search in the grey bar, not the one in the red section.
I assume your ute is a coily, because the leaf knuckles are very different.

If you can be patient I'm testing a prototype GQ brake kit shortly. Kits should be available later this year with approx 330mm by 32mm slotted, vented rotor and 4 piston calipers. You will need 16 inch rims.
I have a set of leaf knuckles and will be able to confirm later if the kit will fit a leaf ute.
any teaser pics and what about the rears??? any idea on cost.
would be interesting to hear.
as for gu hubs onto a gq diff case i doubt it as gu c.vs are bigger in the ball and require a bigger swivel hub, so id say they would be to big for a gq housing but id say the calipers and discs SHOULD be the same. il stand corrected though,

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Front disc's are not quite the same same between GQ & GU. Although the front disc diameter is the same, the height and thickness of the disc is larger on the GU so the GU calipers may not sit in on the GQ knuckles because the disc as a whole sits out further. The 4.8lt GU disc's and calipers are bigger overall again.

·
Registered
nissan
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not worrying bout this now brought a gu complete front diff what do i need to do for this conversion i have a brief idea

panhard rod end diffrent would i get away with a gu panhard rod the whole lot?

draglink end diffrent can i just change one end of mine aftermarket one atm

i have 16 inch rim so brakes wont be a problem

thanks alot mitch
everything else bolt up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts