Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight's last drinks at my work after 25 odd years.
A very unpopular decision that 99.98 percent of people are against for many reasons including non drinkers but I think they are claiming 100 percent support for the decision.
Goodbye drinks with my mates after a hot day slugging away and goodbye morale. :beer: cheers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
You'll just have to brew your own in your room in a plakky bottle :p

I'd call it a clever way of causing people to voluntarily leave their jobs instead of having to cut them.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,673 Posts
The mine he works at has just banned grog cause some calk sucking pen pusher decided it was good for them.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,015 Posts
Well the nannies have infiltrated the mines.
There's nothing wrong with a beer after work FFS.

RIP Aussie culture, it was nice knowing ya.

Reactions: 05_ENFORCER

·
Registered
nissan
238 Posts
well that tells me exactly where you work, mr cgu, cos my mates there having a last drink as well. i might have to stay where i am, you might only be allowed 4 x opened drinks per day, but at least you can get one when you want one! and yeah, they did get 100% support....from the parent company!

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
No wet mess will kill the social life on site
Unless they're all latte sipping ****
I don't drink often at work but have a good laugh with those that are some nights, and the RM likes a beer so no chance of beer dissappearing:)

·
Registered
nissan
1,109 Posts
Having worked in a few mines i can see where they are coming from.

The number of people that managed to blow over the limit DESPITE BEING TOLD THE NIGHT BEFORE about a breath test the following day is amazing.

Still its pretty unfair on those who drink responsibly.

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,289 Posts
It's a load of BS you blow over, get a window seat simple. 1 mine I was at was mandatory breath test before every shift, They said if you think you will blow over take a sickie.

the other mine was random breath test but if you called in sick they would send the medic around if you called in sick and then you would get breath test.

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
Yep. This world is becoming too soft and PC FFS!
Just last week I got hauled over the coals because of some artwork I produced for some digital signage. I created a menu for the new cafe which had a wine glass in the background. I had one parent storm into the principals office demanding it be taken down or they will take it to court. WTF? it was in the background and is blurred out of focus. Go back to the hole you crawled out of bitch.

·
Registered
nissan
2,994 Posts
Yep. This world is becoming too soft and PC FFS!
Just last week I got hauled over the coals because of some artwork I produced for some digital signage. I created a menu for the new cafe which had a wine glass in the background. I had one parent storm into the principals office demanding it be taken down or they will take it to court. WTF? it was in the background and is blurred out of focus. Go back to the hole you crawled out of bitch.
Everyone's gotta have their say... Sounds like she needs a glass of wine to chill the **** out.

I reckon all this PC bull**** about alcohol probably hurts the people who do have an actual addiction problem and are in need of help the most, by drowning (heh) them out and making it look like anyone who even so much as *looks* at a beer is a raging drunk who beats their wife and is going to die at 30.

Do these people actually go home at night and feel like they've achieved something?

Anyway, back to the drunken pad thread with me ;)

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
Don't worry anymore Chopper, a few of us are putting together a care package for you guys- so far Coles have donated 50 1 kg bags of raisins and we are currently in talks with Bakers Delight for a couple of sacks of yeast.Working on a donation of cracked corn so fingers crossed you can run some shine in the spring.will pm you the recipe and if you can get hold of a beer keg and some copper tube you will be good to go.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts