Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I strongly disagree with geeyou and I would ask for proof as he did state he banned a long term member that being me and I received No warmings or any messages of my ban . All I did notice was my post were removed I had no reason why . I stand by my posts as it is a true and the best and most informative way to get the information someone was walking about which was y62 gvm upgrade my suggestion was try a y62 page as there are a huge amount of people that have done a upgrade on there I know . Yet on here there is hardly any y62 owners with the knowledge of Facebook . But it should not be illegal to offer that form of information to anyone of it gets them the results they desire . I was told after I was banned and have no why to reply which is pointless I can’t comment or contact anyone on here to defend my self that it breaks forum rules I would
Like to see that rule . Either way i don’t care . Same happens if you bag the 3 ltr geeyou gets all upset . He’s a joke !!! And needs to get a life or move over for someone else to do a better job .

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,774 Posts
I strongly disagree with geeyou and I would ask for proof as he did state he banned a long term member that being me and I received No warmings or any messages of my ban . All I did notice was my post were removed I had no reason why . I stand by my posts as it is a true and the best and most informative way to get the information someone was walking about which was y62 gvm upgrade my suggestion was try a y62 page as there are a huge amount of people that have done a upgrade on there I know . Yet on here there is hardly any y62 owners with the knowledge of Facebook . But it should not be illegal to offer that form of information to anyone of it gets them the results they desire . I was told after I was banned and have no why to reply which is pointless I can’t comment or contact anyone on here to defend my self that it breaks forum rules I would
Like to see that rule . Either way i don’t care . Same happens if you bag the 3 ltr geeyou gets all upset . He’s a joke !!! And needs to get a life or move over for someone else to do a better job .
Whatever.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before you ban me again I want these things answered.

You said I was given plenty of warnings about mentioning Facebook . I would proof of that as I received nothing not a message not an email and you have both .

Secondly show me the rules where it states not to mention Facebook as a form of information.

3 . When someone is banned tell me how I can challenge that as you are totally blocked and can make any comments or message anyone on here? Maybe you expect me to bump into on the street ??? .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rule 7. “No Advertisements/Advertising allowed and promotion of other 4x4 forums is not acceptable.”

I suggested someone look on Facebook (the social media site) for more information on the GV upgrade for the Y62 that they were asking about.

Facebook is not defined as a forum, It is a social media platform. I was also not advertising or posting any advertisement/s.

So can you please specifically explain how I breached rule 7?

Can you please also send me evidence of the “several warnings” you gave me before banning me from this forum?

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
4,016 Posts
I'm guessing that anything Patrol related from Faceache is considered promoting another forum, whether you consider it a forum or not. If you post something from "Funny Cat Videos", no problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It’s not a matter of whether I consider Facebook to be a forum or not, the fact is it is a social media site not a forum this is an actual definition not a guess or my opinion.

Is rule 7 an actual rule or a guess dependant on who you are applying it to?

There is a you tube topic on here and you tube is littered with advertising and promoting peoples businesses/ influencers yet no one seems to be getting banned for breaking rule 7 in this example so i am still unsure how I broke the rule.

If you don’t like Facebook that’s totally fine, don’t use it. It is however, totally unreasonable to completely ban me for trying to help someone.

My sole intention was to assist someone in getting the best information possible for the query that he had.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whatever.
Whatever.
What a mature response!

Did you even read the responses to your poll? There were several unfavourable responses about the way in which your "forum" is heading.

I still have not been shown any evidence of the warnings you supposedly gave me before banning me (the ones you spoke about in your poll thread before closing it to comments).

I also still have not been shown how I breached Rule 7.

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,890 Posts
Facebook is not defined as a forum,
I guess that would depend on whose definition you use. The dictionary defines "forum" as a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. which suits the various sections of Facebook perfectly.

It is a social media platform.
The dictionary defines "social media platform" as Using websites and applications to communicate informally with others, find people, and share similar interests which also describes computer forums perfectly.

I guess if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then as far as they are concerned it is a duck regardless of what you want to call it.

Was there any warning that you should not link to Facebook?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No there was no warning at all.
The whole Facebook thing is simply cause a few particularly one on here do not like Facebook (maybe a little old) . Hence why he calls it silly names every time he mentions it .
Iam not a Facebook fan but when it comes to Y62 info it leaves this forum for dead as not to many on here in Australia I might add own a y62 . If you go back to the post about gvm up grade I think there was maybe three replies .
Our job on here and in general is to help and supply other members with info that helps them out and I was doing that and I stand by my decision and always will .

The y62 Facebook owners are a more mature age than gq and gu owners and you tend to get a better response on Facebook than what most are use to.

It should be asked about the latest poll results why don’t many members reply . What’s the percentage that did versus the amount of members on here?%% there was some negative comments how will they be addressed?
It was a very poor attendance plus geeyouto started off with a weak opening line as usual. Stating that anyone that puts a low score is a protagonist. Plus in the final post he is quick to brag/ big note miss information and more how he blocked a long term member. Then the post is locked and no one can add any more information.

I would also like to ad I once put a meme on the joke thread and 3ltr being a hand grenade which is true. And you guessed it . It was removed for no other reason than it upsets the old fella who thinks his 3 ltr is the best .

Once person on here needs to step aside and let someone younger and more in touch with modern times have a go . Other wise things will never change.

As for rule 7 to stop the confusion it should read you are not to use or recommend Facebook ! It is not clear. That would make the dictator happy I bet.

·
Registered
2005 TD42Ti ute
368 Posts
I'm sure I've seen Facebook suggested to people more than once in the past when they were looking for info on something particular. Barra conversions comes to mind.

I think you just suggested facebook for barra conversions, Citation - promoting other forums, advertising other forums.

Violation - Rule 7

😛

i also just realised i been breaking rule 8 pretty much since i started on here. bloody illiterate millennial.

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,890 Posts
No there was no warning at all.
I agree that a warning would have been appropriate. From my observation the normal strategy in such situations is for the post to be deleted and a warning sent to the offending poster. Repeat offences can expect a ban for a period of time and further offences can expect a permanent ban. You might have caught one of the admins on a bad day because I'd say they usually take a bit of prodding before the ban stick is wielded and it is pretty uncommon for a first offence.

The whole Facebook thing is simply cause a few particularly one on here do not like Facebook
I think the reason for the Facebook aversion is that the rules set by the owners of this forum don't allow the forum to be used to promote competing forums and Facebook would fit that mould. The admins here are all volunteers that get paid nothing but have to do their best to make sure the rules are obeyed.

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,781 Posts
I agree that a warning would have been appropriate. From my observation the normal strategy in such situations is for the post to be deleted and a warning sent to the offending poster. Repeat offences can expect a ban for a period of time and further offences can expect a permanent ban. You might have caught one of the admins on a bad day because I'd say they usually take a bit of prodding before the ban stick is wielded and it is pretty uncommon for a first offence.

I think the reason for the Facebook aversion is that the rules set by the owners of this forum don't allow the forum to be used to promote competing forums and Facebook would fit that mould. The admins here are all volunteers that get paid nothing but have to do their best to make sure the rules are obeyed.
Ditto.
Constantly bag zd30s and then be surprised to find out the mods or one of who own zd30s probably aren't going to lean your way on a bad day or get you on a technicality.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts