Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

Registered
1985 SD33Ti MK LWB Wagon
Once person on here needs to step aside and let someone younger and more in touch with modern times have a go
Or we keep it in the hands of those who've had more life experience dealing with people, situations, everything, so that it doesn't end up in the hands of someone who'll go changing things on a dime and making a mess of things. Most of us young people don't have the time to be a full time forum admin anyway.
3ltr being a hand grenade which is true
Also that's an opinion, not a fact. And an opinion which has been proven wrong for almost as long as I've been alive.

Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
I cannot find these rules any where in the terms of use? By that I mean in point form as above. But it does state this -

"Use the Web Site to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, to cease using the Web Site, to visit another competing Web Site, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval"

VS might have have to change some definitions.

And FWIW I did post in the thread you were banned over. I had to choose my words carefully lol.

Mods have to play by the same rules, and probably like all of us could be banned if we all followed the terms of use to the letter of the law.

If you act as a moderator, you agree that:

You will always act in good faith as a moderator. You should always maintain a calm and cordial demeanor as moderator.
You will not accept any gifts, favors or other compensation from third parties in connection with or related to your actions as a moderator.
You should not promote or advertise any particular product, brand or service, and should remain impartial.
You will comply with these Terms and Conditions of Service, along with the moderating guidelines and content policies of VerticalScope made available to you from time to time. You will take appropriate action whenever you are notified of content that violates VerticalScope policy or promptly escalate matters to VerticalScope for review. To the extent you are uncertain about what is the appropriate action in particular circumstances, you will contact VerticalScope.
You are not authorized to act on behalf of VerticalScope and may not represent to others that you are authorized to act on behalf of, or otherwise bind VerticalScope.
As a moderator, you may receive or have access to confidential and/or non-public information. You will not publish any of this information online or share any of this information with third parties. You will keep this information secure and will protect this information from being accessed or seen by others. You will not use any of this information except in connection with your role as a moderator. If you believe any of this information in your possession has been accessed inappropriately, you will promptly contact VerticalScope. You will continue to comply with the provisions in this paragraph, even after you are no longer a moderator.
VerticalScope may revoke your right to moderate at any time, for any reason, and may in its sole discretion, overturn any action or decision that you make

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That鈥檚 very true Haggie I could not find the rules initially either. I was told that I was banned for breaking the rules, so I searched in the search bar and couldn鈥檛 find the rules the only way I found them was when I was forced to register as a new member that was when the rules were sent to me. Once you鈥檙e banned you have no form of communication with anyone on here so how do you dispute your ban?

The facts are:
Moderators should act with a calm and cordial demeanour. Saying 鈥渨hatever鈥 in response to me requesting evidence of warnings before being banned is hardly cordial or reasonable.

Still waiting for the evidence of these warnings to be produced?? If you feel you have acted fairly and within the rules then why aren鈥檛 you responding with maturity and the facts?

Moderators should also remain impartial you cannot ban members simply due to them not aligning with your opinions.

Humour is allowed. My opinion and funny meme about the 3 ltr is just that my opinion and should not be removed just because he geeyouto loves his mighty 3ltr. Does he remove every 4.2 kettle meme? I would say not!

I was not given any warnings about mentioning Facebook before being banned as a long time member.

More focus should be asking for the proof that I was sent warnings and then banned, it is purely a lie and yet no one calls him out on his false claims. That鈥檚 the disappointing part of this whole issue.

I was banned purely on his opinion which is not within the rules people speak of.

Registered
nissan
I think the "whatever" comment from Ross was more in reply to your last line that read "He鈥檚 a joke !!! And needs to get a life or move over for someone else to do a better job"

Don't you see it as a sign of fairness that you're now being allowed to publicly air your grievances without being booted a 2nd time?

My personal opinion is that you'd be hard pressed to find someone who would do a better job of running this forum.

Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
I think the "whatever" comment from Ross was more in reply to your last line that read "He鈥檚 a joke !!! And needs to get a life or move over for someone else to do a better job"

Don't you see it as a sign of fairness that you're now being allowed to publicly air your grievances without being booted a 2nd time?

My personal opinion is that you'd be hard pressed to find someone who would do a better job of running this forum.
My post above was not in any way advocating for change, more a question about rules, so we don't have to go down this rabbit hole again.

Anyways I have found there is a local set of rules, and VS terms of use. So the lines are blurred somewhat. Make of it what you will.

Registered
CRD Wagon

Couldn't agree more.

I'd have about half the patience as someone "younger and more in touch".

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

How about he lied and didn鈥檛 give me any warnings as he has said ? Get him to explain that !
Your mighty fearless leader you speak of .
Ban me again i don鈥檛 care . I have never had a warning regarding the Y62 gvm up grade post . Where I suggested to try Facebook .. what a crime . How dare I inform a fella member about where to get information ? Shame on me .
Yet know one calls out him for lying straight to you all and you believe it . He is a joke !

Registered
nissan
How about he lied and didn鈥檛 give me any warnings as he has said ? Get him to explain that !
Your mighty fearless leader you speak of .
Ban me again i don鈥檛 care . I have never had a warning regarding the Y62 gvm up grade post . Where I suggested to try Facebook .. what a crime . How dare I inform a fella member about where to get information ? Shame on me .
Yet know one calls out him for lying straight to you all and you believe it . He is a joke !
whatever..

Premium Member
Y62
A mature person would have contacted an admin via PM instead of posting this to discuss the banning.

At first, I couldn鈥檛 understand why the post wasn鈥檛 deleted. Now it鈥檚 clear. Enough rope鈥

Even after you where shown the rule you still tried to dismiss it

A whinging Karen will never get a public reply.

For someone that claims 鈥淓ither way I don鈥檛 care鈥 you seem to have gone to a lot of trouble.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
A mature person would have contacted an admin via PM instead of posting this to discuss the banning.

At first, I couldn鈥檛 understand why the post wasn鈥檛 deleted. Now it鈥檚 clear. Enough rope鈥

Even after you where shown the rule you still tried to dismiss it

A whinging Karen will never get a public reply.

For someone that claims 鈥淓ither way I don鈥檛 care鈥 you seem to have gone to a lot of trouble.
How would you suggest I contact the admin via PM when I was completely banned without the opportunity to respond first or without any warning?

If you mean after I re-registered, well why should I msg him privately? It鈥檚 an open forum and it was all about a poll which he put a final statement saying he had given me several warnings which is an outright lie.

You say I was shown the rules, this was after the effect and the rules are hard to find, also very unclear as they state forum not social media platform.

Others have mentioned Facebook and not been banned.

I have given him the opportunity publicly to own up to the dishonesty and predictably nothing but the popular very immature response of 鈥渨hatever鈥. But like you said enough rope....

I don鈥檛 care actually and haven鈥檛 gone to any trouble at all just have plenty of time to shed light on what so many are already thinking, this forum has changed and it鈥檚 dictated by a select few that if your opinion doesn鈥檛 match theirs they are less favourable in their treatment if you.

Premium Member
Y62
How would you suggest I contact the admin via PM when I was completely banned without the opportunity to respond first or without any warning?

If you mean after I re-registered, well why should I msg him privately? It鈥檚 an open forum and it was all about a poll which he put a final statement saying he had given me several warnings which is an outright lie.

You say I was shown the rules, this was after the effect and the rules are hard to find, also very unclear as they state forum not social media platform.

Others have mentioned Facebook and not been banned.

I have given him the opportunity publicly to own up to the dishonesty and predictably nothing but the popular very immature response of 鈥渨hatever鈥. But like you said enough rope....

I don鈥檛 care actually and haven鈥檛 gone to any trouble at all just have plenty of time to shed light on what so many are already thinking, this forum has changed and it鈥檚 dictated by a select few that if your opinion doesn鈥檛 match theirs they are less favourable in their treatment if you.
You were able to put this post up. You could have easily sent a PM to any of the mods, even the ModAdmin here that seems to have direct links with the owner but no, you chose this gutless road.

The rules have always been there. They are not new, ignorance is no excuse. Being an adult and admitting when you got it wrong is something you need to work on my friend.

It's a tough chose. Someone that has dedicated a lot of his time in sorting out the previous problems with this forum and taking the time to help out a lot of people along the way. Or someone that seems pissed because their meme got deleted and the best they can offer is hopefully FaceBook can help you.

You keep saying you don't care but you keep posting with passion. Things change, it would be a boring world if we all got along. Hopefully you can get passed this and contribute something worthy to the Patrol community here.

Registered
2005 TD42Ti ute
This thread is further evidence in itself that the forum has issues. it's really at present a facebook of sorts for the "in crew" AKA the "circle jerk" as i have referred to it in the past. - It does have some good patrol related discussion as well i would have to add.

Some people above are good examples of bootlickers, nothing said enlightens anyone to anything that hasn't already been said in relation to the matter. Doing it to get praise from the in group. Which is ironic given some throw the word gutless in - get off the beers

Question - The rules generally mean bans for people calling people names/bad language/insults/what ever you want to call this language don't they?

Why is this for the most part acceptable in one direction but not in retaliation?

It's because the "in crew" is real.

This is "patrolbook" - some of the members in here don't even own a patrol, bugger off lol the real assets to the forum are the contributors that don't mislead people.

A good portion of you need to get a social media account and go hang out over there where you can reject anyone who you don't agree with the same way you would as a friend group down the pub, then sure come back here and talk patrol related stuff, doubt you will though if you are one of these members who probably hasn't owned a patrol in over a decade. (good - this is a patrol forum)

Well its meant to be a forum? - let the man speak, address his ideas and correct them, if you can. Either way a result might happen and people might learn something. Weather this be about how much air to put in your tyres what side ya bloody awning is on or how the rules work. How can he speak if hes been banned?

It would be hard for admin as they are only human as well, but that's the issue - the forum is structured in a way that allows for emotion to get a little to involved it seems.

In many ways this is no different to facebook - for all of you older blokes that scoff at the idea of engaging in social media, its not much different - it's a little longer form and a little more specific but it's certainly not a full real forum like we need for everyone's benefit. Messenger is actually more helpful tech wise sometimes which is a shame for this forum. You can direct send each other short videos which is immensely helpful to some. I've sent and received thousands now. Best we can do here is a link to youtube as far as I'm aware, which de incetivises sharing of info quickly due to it being a little harder.

Praise should be not for all to be seen, there should be a helpful and a not helpful button which provides feedback only to the user personally instead of publicly, this will get rid of all the bootlickers and clean up a lot of the rubbish posting.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts