Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure this has been asked before

Can any one provide a picture / photo of the vacume hose layout to the carby on a tb42s

Where does the advance line connect too?

Where does the canister lines connect too?

Etc

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
all hook up to a little tree on inlet manifold i'm sure.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The are 2 pipes coming out of the butterfly assembly (base of the carby) ( one slightly higher then the other) then there is the little tree set up on the very bottom.

·
Registered
nissan
96 Posts
Following.. If anyone could put up a picture of the vac lines on the side of the carby and manifold and label where they go that would be wicked! If just redone the head on my tb and it's backfiring and idling rough, just need to confirm all vacuum lines to double check them

·
Registered
nissan
6 Posts
I'd love to know this also! Plus, I have some form of soldenoid on the firewall that takes a vac line, but I have no idea what its for. Its a shorty maverick petrol, and im certain theres no factory lockers there.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in the same boat - done the head want to confirm the vacuum line layout.

Ragvaror - the solenoid will be for you A/C idle up. There should be a vacuum line going to the solenoid from the "tree" at the bottom of the carby. Then there should be another vacuum line going to the fast idle activator.

The fast idle activator - is mounted on the fire wall side of the carby - the vacume line is push fitted.

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
See how I go with these pics!!
These are 3 pics of my TB42S.. the yellow dipstick is the reference.
BTW went down to Townsville last week and got 16.3l/100km. Best I've ever recorded. I fiddled with the mixture a few weeks ago and reckon I've had it too lean. It's running much better and less gear changes!
Cheers,
Paul.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan GQ
206 Posts
I'd love to know this also! Plus, I have some form of soldenoid on the firewall that takes a vac line, but I have no idea what its for. Its a shorty maverick petrol, and im certain theres no factory lockers there.
If its a solinoid on the drivers side, it for advancing the throtal when you have your air con running, if the solinoid is on the passengers side with 4 hoses to it, its for the factory rear diff lock.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Skid, Thanks

just one question you have 2 hoses going across to the front of the motor

(ref middle photo)

Hich hose goes to the dizzy advance? ie the one nearest the bolt?

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
just one question you have 2 hoses going across to the front of the motor

(ref middle photo)

Hich hose goes to the dizzy advance? ie the one nearest the bolt?

Correct mate, the one near the bolt and below the green spring attaches to the top steel pipe along the front of the head and down to the dissy.
P.

·
Registered
nissan
96 Posts
Thanks FNQ, Much appreciated. Could you also label/describe where each one goes just so I can be sure? Also I still have a few nipples under the shoebox that have nothing going to them currently. Could you also include those? Cheers!

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
"Also I still have a few nipples under the shoebox that have nothing going to them currently. Could you also include those? Cheers!"

Under the airbox there's 2 nipples plus a looped hose. The nipple towards the front of the airbox (under the thermo switch) goes all the way back to the choke butterfly valve on the air intake duct. The other nipple (towards the back of the airbox) goes down onto the BCDD solenoid on the other side of the carby.
Tank... what does BCDD stand for??
Cheers,
Paul.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
B.C.D.D. (Boost Controlled Deceleration Device)
Contrd Valve (Cont'd)
The B.C.D.D. control valve opens and closes the air by-pass
passage of the carburetor. When the throttle valve closes
abruptly during deceleration, intake manifold vacuum increases
abnormally. This causes engine oil to leak past the piston into
the combustion chamber and unburned gases inside the intake
manifold to be discharged into the atmosphere in the form of
HC. To prevent an abnormal rise in intake manifold pressure
and an abrupt decrease in engine speed during deceleration,
the air by-pass passage opens to deliver a very small amount of
fuel from the coasting jet when intake manifold vacuum pressure
reaches the specified level.
The B.C.D.D. control valve is installed on the intake manifold
carburetor.

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
Thanks GQ TANK,
that's interesting.
Is that the reason then, why the revs take so long to decrease when changing up through the gears?

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dont know - slow to drop in revs could be caused by weak return spring on the carby

1 - 18 of 18 Posts