·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone done this ?

·
Banned
682 Posts
I have been told it is as easy as Lindon, just grap all the bits from a disk diff and swap them straight over but make sure the proporsion valve is changed too. Will be doing mine in the near future

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i have all the bits except for a Bpv from a disc brake model, I'm just not sure if the complet axles are the same and I direct bolt in, as there are two listed wheel bearings for drum V disc john

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
change over axles they should bolt straight in u will need to changhe these as they have housing for calipers to bolt onto

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
two different bearings listed is for full floating or half floating axles

·
Registered
nissan
11,174 Posts
Yeah the h260 is the fully floater? I thought a h260 Gu diff was disc. So maybe try get Hold of them bits. But I'm sure the h233 axles won't bolt into a h260 case.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm fairly sure the GU H260 still retains the drum brakes of it predecessor

when I have time, I'll just pop and axle out and see if the H233 will slide in , when you look at both axels they look similar in size, I was more wondering if they run the same splines

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thought I would do an update on this for those interested in doing the swap

where to start then, yeah no where

it go's like this H233 wont fit as most would be aware of two bearings listed
But where this all seems like a myth started from someone that hasn't a clue as to what there talking about is

where the axel flange plate is (where it bolts to the housing) is on a coil sprung disc H233 about roughly 10mm wider in the pattern what does this mean it means that the caliper mounting plate will not fit on to a H260 housing this is where this theory meets it's end to me

the only way I can see it can be done is to make caliper brakes to be welded to the housing

you also have end float to think about so you would need to make or cut down your old drom backing plate to retaing the right amount of spacing

If someone can shed some real information on how this has been done with H233 disc calipers and caliper brakets I'm all ears other wise I say it a load of bull poo

·
Registered
nissan
2,029 Posts
the H260 leaf difs are full floaters, you would have to make custom brakets up, they are also narrower than the H260 disk diffs (which are semi floater) so the axles are not the same. I have a GU H260 diff out of a 4.8L manual that is the semi floater disc variety. I had a GU H260 full floater leaf diff and swapped it over for ease.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the H260 leaf difs are full floaters, you would have to make custom brakets up, they are also narrower than the H260 disk diffs (which are semi floater) so the axles are not the same. I have a GU H260 diff out of a 4.8L manual that is the semi floater disc variety. I had a GU H260 full floater leaf diff and swapped it over for ease.
Thanks mate cleared that up for me, will look into making brackets

1 - 11 of 11 Posts