Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both my front Amadas are now leaking from where the reservoir joins to the main shock body.

They have been on the car since summer but have only done maybe up to 10k

Is this a common thing and where should i be going to get it fixed? I'm located SE Melbourne/Peninsula

I got them from suspension stuff as an upgrade from the monotubes, so taking them back to the place of purchase isn't really an option.

After having SS monotubes i was really looking forward to having shocks that last more than a few months:headwall:

·
Registered
nissan
631 Posts
dont know if it's common mate but i bought mine in November and one was leaking as you have said. I had it replaced before i fitted them and so far so good. Took them to the cape a month ago and all good!

·
Registered
640 Posts
not quite sure what you mean by 'where the reservior meets the main body" do you mean the swivel fitting? Its an odd place to leak but i have seen it a few times. Mainly it comes from where people mount the hose too tight or do weird things like put zip ties around the line which loads up the o-ring seals on one side only. As far as fixing them, it may be worth trying the guys at superior and seeing if they can help out. You will always have better luck with them than SS.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
So far the girls have leaked from the shaft seals on 3, 4 canisters leaked and recently stripped the stud from the top of the front shock. It is a road only car. The studs were loctited in by superior when the first repairs were done.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
So far the girls have leaked from the shaft seals on 3, 4 canisters leaked and recently stripped the stud from the top of the front shock. It is a road only car. The studs were loctited in by superior when the first repairs were done.
I thought the shaft was meant to make the girls leak.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
nissan
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah its at the swivel fitting, and I do have the zip tied... How else do you keep it flopping around the wheel well?

·
Registered
nissan
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also superior is on the other side of the county and the last few times I've called them I just get stuck on hold indefinitely

·
Registered
nissan patrol
42 Posts
yer where that swivel is they do leak a lot!!! my dobs have the fixed mount where the hose meets the body a much better fitting to have than the swivel and never had a drama with mixed mount

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,090 Posts
yer where that swivel is they do leak a lot!!! my dobs have the fixed mount where the hose meets the body a much better fitting to have than the swivel and never had a drama with mixed mount
Yer but keep an eye on the rod guides and the oil by passing the piston. And yool find dobs are going to th en swivel joint.

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
I haven't been on the forum for a long time , if you have either Profender or amada and you do experience a problem it will most likely be covered under warranty providing its not from neglect/ damage.
We do still have a procedure that must be followed and that is usually a photo of the problem and a warranty form to be filled out. We can then get it sorted as quick as possible.
http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/files/File/Product Assessment form .pdf
A few shocks that were imported the Amada Xtreme factory fitted tan incorrect size o-ring in the swivel fitting, this wasn't found until we had some come back with leaking. It is a easy fix and most people would not have been effected from this as we fixed most of them before they left our warehouse.
There is also 3 generations of swivel fittings starting from the oldest design to the newest shocks ,with the newest with the least problems.
The most important part with a swivel fitting is when you fix your high pressure hose to the vehicle make sure you do not put side load on the swivel fitting or you will get an oil leak as O-Rings are not designed for side load. 9 times out of 10 an oil leak is from a bad fit up on the vehicle.
If anyone requires the instructions on rebuilding the latest model amada xtreme shocks you can email me and I will forward them to you as soon as possible. [email protected]
Michael Hayes

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,678 Posts
Thanks for the info Michael.
Mine are still perfect but it is great to know I have after sales service.

·
Registered
nissan
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is a pic I took ages ago after finding the first one leaking. Sounds like it's definitely my fault for tieing the hose out of of way. It's not tight like the pic makes it look but what is everyone else doing with the hose?

So will replacing the o ring fix the leak?

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
63 Posts
How about superior tell everyone how to fix the hose to the body, there happy to tell people how not to do it.
And in having a winge wtf is the go with the pin to pin series 3 and you still running a short arse pin at the bottom, very poor. People shouldnt have to cut bushes just to get the c rap to fit, stop being tight a rses and add another 15mm to the thread. Im interested to see how you guys fit them up without cutting the bushes.

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
How about superior tell everyone how to fix the hose to the body, there happy to tell people how not to do it.
And in having a winge wtf is the go with the pin to pin series 3 and you still running a short arse pin at the bottom, very poor. People shouldnt have to cut bushes just to get the c rap to fit, stop being tight a rses and add another 15mm to the thread. Im interested to see how you guys fit them up without cutting the bushes.
How about people go to the supplier with there issues before posting it on a forum. Or at least do a search as this is not a new topic at all!

Greg was far from having a cry mate and if you ask me was straight on the money offering to fix the issue as they ALWAYS do!!!!! Get ya head out the box as the only person crying is YOU...

you can get them on as I have done 3 times in the past

1 - 16 of 16 Posts