Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new here... New problems lol.
Got a sd33t swb, 380000 on the clock when i got it, had it for 8 months been driving amazing everyday (have been doin a lot of work to it leading up till now with what i could afford)..

Temperature been running 65 degrees on average for last 4 months. Last 3 weeks coolant been overfilling the Resivour tank, no chocomilk in either oil or water. Changed water pump yesterday seen coolant dripping out from what looked like from their.. Now i have seen where its actually coming from 馃槀馃様. So coolant is seeping out of a groove just underneath the manifolds right near front of motor. See photo below....

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Is it a head gasket? Or do i cry and piss old faithfull off?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey guys new here... New problems lol.
Got a sd33t swb, 380000 on the clock when i got it, had it for 8 months been driving amazing everyday (have been doin a lot of work to it leading up till now with what i could afford)..

Temperature been running 65 degrees on average for last 4 months. Last 3 weeks coolant been overfilling the Resivour tank, no chocomilk in either oil or water. Changed water pump yesterday seen coolant dripping out from what looked like from their.. Now i have seen where its actually coming from 馃槀馃様. So coolant is seeping out of a groove just underneath the manifolds right near front of motor. See photo below....

View attachment 543761

Is it a head gasket? Or do i cry and piss old faithfull off?
There is foam from chemi wield i put in earlier today, right ontop of the foam is where this 'groove' is, got a metal gasket inside it..

Registered
1998 Nissan Patrol Wagon RD28ETi
Any loss of performance - could be broken head bolt? Maybe drop the rocker cover off and check the head bolts. or could also be a rusted welch plug being that old.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any loss of performance - could be broken head bolt? Maybe drop the rocker cover off and check the head bolts. or could also be a rusted welch plug being that old.
Never thought of that. Im certain its just needing a new head gasket... When car is warmed up, coolant starts over filling resivour tank until car gets too hot to drive lol. Blocking adhesives are helping reduces the amount of coolant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts