Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if this is a warranty issue? This is the second time I've had problems with service people in my local dealership & I am getting a little sick & tired of being lied to & taken for an idiot.

My GU 3.0 TD is just on 12 months old & has just ticked over 30,000 K's to date. After parking it on a slope at 19,000 K's, I started to notice that water was leaking from the rear window washer & emptying the washer bottle. Having had a similar experience with the windscreen washers on my previous Navara, I asked them to look at it when I booked it in for its 20,000 service & suggested it might be a one way valve that was either faulty of clogged. Although I was told the mechanic had looked at the washer system & could not fault it, there was no mention of it on the itemised tax invoice. Obviously the problem was still there & after reading your forum, I discovered this was a common problem, so I rang the dealership & spoke to soemone in spare parts & then in the service dept. Neither of them knew what I was talking about & one suggested I would have to bring the vehicle in & that they may have to take out the roof lining to find the fault!

I gave up talking to these Neanderthals & decided to do what I should have done in the first place, so I removed the rear door trim & there was the one way valve looking straight at me. A simple test verified it was stuffed, so I rang another dealer & they advised a replacement would cost approx. $35.00. Alternatively, I purchased a valve from a GMH dealer for $6:00 and have not had a problem since! BTW, The genuine Nissan valve has a rubber seal with a small stainless steel seat on it whereas the GMH one has stainless steel ball for the seal, which seems to be a lot more robust than the Nissan part.

Also, aside from the Nissan Australia website, is there an effective way of lodging complaints to Nissan Australia about their dealerships? I have found their website is not very helpful for making complaints.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
welcome to the world of a nissan under warranty.
complaining about their service will fall on deaf ears.

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
439 Posts
MIne went in for the 95k service and I also told them about the problem of the washer bottle emptying when parked on a slope.
Was informed by the dealer that they had alook and there is nothing they can do about it (I got the impression that it was in the to hard basket).
What was the part no from GMH that fixed your probalem?

Cheers

Wayne

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
There's an in line one way check valve in the rear quarter (or could be inside the barn door or up near the front on late GU's) They can get stuck open from **** in the hose line. Happens on GQ's too.
Crappy tap water tends to stuff the little check valves up too.
That said I have always used rainwater and BarsBugs with no problem.

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
439 Posts
Found the part no for the check valve GM#92046017 cost me $9. From Holden.
I replaced the valve which sits behind the jack.
The check valve that was in there was just a retic joiner no valve.
Hopoe this helps someone with the same problem.

Wayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts