Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am exploring the option if leasing my next 4wd, having never done this before. Does anyone have a lease calculator they can either send me or post a link to. I tried to search here without success. The ones on the net were all tied up with finance companies that wanted you select vehicles. I just want to put dollars in & see what it spitsout.

Cheers,

·
Registered
nissan
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, i sewrched some more & found SGFleet have a calculator where i can put dollar values in. Question i have is wthevale it spits out a weekly cost figure & a savings figure. Am I correct in saying that the weekly figure is what I actually paying every week, and that takes into account the tax savings?

Cheers,

·
Registered
nissan
978 Posts
Are you talking a novated lease, associate lease or lease via business?

I don't have a calculator link for you, but here's what it did for me. Note the amount of tax/KMs has changed since I had a novated lease.

On a roughly $50,000 vehicle, it cost me $660 per fortnight for fuel, lease payments, rego, insurance maintenance etc. Half of this was pre-tax $$ and half was post tax $$ This was extracting enough in expenses for me to travel 25,000km per year.

I could drive wherever I wanted fuel wise, but my vehicle account was always playing catch up. A year after it ended they were still twiddling my pay (in my favour).

Any modifications had to be included in the initial price and I wasn't supposed to add anything to the vehicle.

The servicing (and tyre/windscreen repairs) were covered under a fleet servicing agreement. The local repair places hated this as they had to ring for pre-authorisation - waiting on the phone, then they were slow to pay.

In my favour was the fact that they wouldn't authorise meaningless treatments (like fuel system flushes). The local toyota wouldn't even conduct some things like wheel alignments because they told him how much they would pay. He wouldn't do it for that amount.

Don't cut yourself short on the maintenance budget, especially for a 4WD
I found that it is best to let funds build up, then use the vehicle. I needed to use it straight away, so the funds (fuel, maintenance) never built up.

Note: this was my experience with a novated lease.

I'm currently considering an associated lease. (leasing the vehicle off Mrs. Patrol. Yes, it's legal!)

·
Registered
nissan
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I founnd one at Orix. It is more informative than the SG calculator. I just have to understand what it means.

Cheers,

·
Registered
nissan
978 Posts
Well, i sewrched some more & found SGFleet have a calculator where i can put dollar values in. Question i have is wthevale it spits out a weekly cost figure & a savings figure. Am I correct in saying that the weekly figure is what I actually paying every week, and that takes into account the tax savings?

Cheers,

It does look like that will be your weekly cost. It will be the bare minimum for expenses, you would probably want to ask them to take more out in expenses.

There's also often wierd unexplained charges that accompany your vehicle ($roughly 8 for a 'vehicle management program?!)

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,289 Posts
I'm looking at getting a lease car I'm thinking the last model v8 falcon, Should be a good ride if a go that way , super charged v8 6 speed, yeah baby .

·
Registered
Nissan
1,710 Posts
go through your lease paperwork like a fine tooth comb, you pay upwards of 17% finance throught some lease companies, it has its advantaged but also has its negatives.

as a rough Idea I My patrol was leased througth SG Fleet, Vehicle cost $68,000 with all the fruit, 40,000kms nominated, $552 pre tax and $160 post tax (per week), at the end was paying $620 pre tax to keep my float account out of the red. around $11K residual at the end of lease,

with dealers offering super low intrest rates on new cars these days sit down and work it out if its really worth it.

If I was to ever do ot again I would not lease a car for more than $25k

·
Registered
nissan
978 Posts
Didn't think you could, but I know a bloke that leases half his car.

He paid half cash, and is salary sacrificing the remaining half via a notated lease.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts