Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the market for a light bar and have found there are so many options out there.
I would like something around 20000LM.
Does it matter if its made up of 3watt, 5watt or 10 watt Leds if you get the same output?
There are some light bars that offer this at 32" and 42",with same LM.
Is PC or t/glass better for lens cover?
Is end brackets better than mid under brackets?
Is 8deg spot better than 30deg spot.
Finally is there a noticeable difference between 18000LM and 20000LM spot/flood?

cheers DD.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
Im in the market for a light bar and have found there are so many options out there.
I would like something around 20000LM.
Does it matter if its made up of 3watt, 5watt or 10 watt Leds if you get the same output?
There are some light bars that offer this at 32" and 42",with same LM.
Is PC or t/glass better for lens cover?
Is end brackets better than mid under brackets?
Is 8deg spot better than 30deg spot.
Finally is there a noticeable difference between 18000LM and 20000LM spot/flood?

cheers DD.
If you want to check mine out just sing out. It's a 42" slim single row of 5w emmiters. It has adjustable mounts.
If thinking about getting a 22" for my bull bar..

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the offer mate and will probably take you up on that a bit later, but if you have the 42" and its say 19000LM then fitting a smaller 22" would give less light(LM) than the 42" and would be of no benefit, correct me if im wrong.
This is why I am asking these questions.

cheers DD.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
Yeah I've found that my micks projectors kick both my light bar and hid spotties out of the ball park so I probably don't need them anymore.. I'll probably sell them. I'm looking at a smaller 22" mainly for lighting during recoveries at night, to throw some extra light around.

My 42" bar is wicked, a vast improvement over standard. The 5w emitters are great. It fits under the front of the roof rack with 4 adjustable feet so is out of harms way. I wouldn't suggest getting a bar with the mounts on the ends only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts