Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Currently looking to put an LED light bar on my bull bar, thinking the double 120w 24" combining spot and flood or just the slim 24" 72w. Just puttinig out there if anyone has had any exposure to these light bars or if this is just a bad idea for the positioning

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts..

Dazz

·
Registered
235 Posts
Haven't got one myself but I just read an article in a 4x4 magazine that in some states these are illegal.

The reason is Australian Standard state that you can have 2 or 4 lights facing front not 1 or 3. Putting a bar make it 3 lights fain forward.

The laws have not kept up with the times but some states have changed and I don't think the police really care about them.

food for thought.

Reactions: p8ence

·
I trust your dash vents are clean...
nissan
732 Posts
Haven't got one myself but I just read an article in a 4x4 magazine that in some states these are illegal.

The reason is Australian Standard state that you can have 2 or 4 lights facing front not 1 or 3. Putting a bar make it 3 lights fain forward.

The laws have not kept up with the times but some states have changed and I don't think the police really care about them.

food for thought.
I've got a feeling they have relaxed the law relating to forward facing lights having to be in pairs specifically to cater for light bars. I believe heights off the ground etc may still be the same though.

It was mentioned on another thread somewhere on here recently. Look up your state vehicle registration body and do a search there. Should come up with the link to the relevant ADR.

Also, I have a 120 watt dual row light bar (Korr brand) and find it excellent. Had a eBay special 120 watt and it died after about 6 months. Pulled it apart but it was dead. Found a huge difference in the quality between the old and new and light output. On the Korr the reflectors are much closer to the actual LED giving better quality light and more of it for the same power consumption as the cheapy. Spacing doesn't look even in the photo but it is ;)

Attachments

Reactions: p8ence

·
Registered
nissan
284 Posts

food for thought.

stick a line of black racing tape in the middle... by magic now you have two lights! :rolleyes:

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,470 Posts
...thinking the double 120w 24" combining spot and flood or just the slim 24" 72w. Just puttinig out there if anyone has had any exposure to these light bars...

Well you've narrowed it down to about 4000 models. Maybe a link to the ones you're thinking of would let the fellas give you an informed opinion.

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
653 Posts
126w Cree light bar..21" I think from memory. I installed it about August last year, turns night into day, wouldn't be without it out here in roo territory. Only paid $130 on eBay, best money I've ever spent on big red.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts