Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

well after i installed my LED rear lights to my steel bar, my indicators had bene flashing really quick as the LED's dont draw as much ampage as the incandesant lamp.
so i just installed a load resistor to eash side and now my indicators are back to normal.
basically its joining 1 wire of the equaliser to the earth and 1 to the power wire.
you need 1 equaliser per side.

any questions, let me know.

Cheers clint

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
You can buy these from Jaycar, in the correct impedance for the task, they are listed for that exact purpose.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
doesnt the load equalizer defeat the purpose of useing less power? , why dont you just get an indicator flasher for led lights, a lot easier than fitting load equalizers to every indicator light

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
doesnt the load equalizer defeat the purpose of useing less power? , why dont you just get an indicator flasher for led lights, a lot easier than fitting load equalizers to every indicator light
I agree, but they are for people who don't replace all the globes with LED, so still need the flasher relay that supports the incandescent globes. Sometimes the purpose is to have a globe that is brighter and not as easy to break.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i agree marin, and thats the reason for my led's, the amount of draw for indicators means bugger all to me as the car is running when they are on anyway.
it was merely to replace the crappy stock lights in the rear bar with brighter, water proof led's.

if you have a look at price wise, the load equaliser are $25 from autobarn for 2 and an indicator flasher from supercheap is $34.

i went the cheaper option, and i think others in the same boat would to.

hense the reason for the post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts