Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ive got a SWB Maverick and has 2 inch suspension lift as i was told by previous owner, I want to put a set of 35x12.5r15's on it replacing my 33x12.5r15's. Ive always owned hilux 4wds and when it comes to the Patrols and Mavericks i only have basic knowledge when comes to lifting/wheel and tyres modification etc. Would 2 inch body lift then the 35s be the go or can some one point me in the right direction as where to start...

cheers

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a classic "How much lift to fit 35's?"!!!!!!!!!!!

The right direction would be here.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Well now that you have searched, I'm happy to give you more specific answers if you have more questions!! (except that i'm heading out for night shift right now)

:)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Consider radius arm spacers for the front.
Would have to remove mud flaps on the rear at least, maybe a bit more. Someone can else can help further because I am about to watch a DVD. lol. Marin should be finished night shift soon.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a classic "How much lift to fit 35's?"!!!!!!!!!!!

The right direction would be here.
Wheres Hotties old thread from outers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
Mate the info's here if you spend some time on the keyboard. Toyo's are a different kettle of fish to the Patrol...but glad you stepped up! :p.

Avoid the body lift if you can...mine has 40mm b/l but that was done by the original owner and i've now got it finished as it should be.

There are some threads on here with shorties on 35's with 2' lift and trimmed guards.
It's not hard to do but you CAN get 35's working well with a 3" lift and no body lift or trimmed guards. Just depends on what use you want to put the Patrol to.

There are some guys here that can offer sh*tloads of good info on lifts etc and marin & Shane from Suspension Stuff are two of them. Marin knows HEAPS about turbo's so pm him anytime if you are interested :iconbana:.

If you do some searching and absorb the info then come back with questions and the best info will flow.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
You can fit 38's with no lift if you trim the guards... Wheres SIM!!!

·
Registered
nissan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers twodiffs... i bought a set of 35x12.5r15 maxxis bighorns and they fit under real nicely and i personaly like them more then the 33x12.5 Mickey Thompson Mtz's, taken it out and hit hill climbs and they didnt scrub at all, i have bought the lift blocks but am considering leaving them out. Its due for another dyno tune and im looking to peak the 400hp mark with a garett t51r instead of the t04e then i may look into more suspension lift or even just replace the set up i have as its gettin abit old.

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
just bolt em on chop whats in the way, tyres are way more important then panels IMO hahah

·
Registered
nissan
23 Posts
Mate I run 35" treps on my shorty, I have 2" body lift and a 3" suspension lift and they fit with no real guard cutting at all. All I did was trim up the rear plastic flares in the front lower corner of each where they stick out. I have standard length lower trailing arms and adjustable uppers. Front is just standard 3" lift with offset castor bushes. I have had it on the travel ramp and at full flex you might clip your rear mudflaps, but a quick bash with a hammer to bend the bracket at the bottom and you should be fine. My 2c :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts