Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

i don't normally do this sort of thing as i'm a big believer in business is business and you get what you pay for and expect what you pay for. today i had a 2 inch lift installed by John of Zordos 4wd suspension and to say i'm happy is an understatement. from the moment i got there i knew my patrol was in good hands. his work ethic and proffessionalism is second to none. as i have the mechanical aptitude of an indoor plant, he clearly explained eveythere he was doing and answered all the questions i bombarded him with. i was going to do the job myself with some help from a mate but to be honest i think i learned so much more by watching and talking to this man. parting with my hard earned on completion was absolutly painless, money truely well spent. without sounding like an ad or a relation, if you need suspension components and need them fitted don't hesitate to contact john. many thanks again john.

jamie.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I think i sound abit lovey-ish but words don't express how this man works with you. His just really friendly, and work wise, he is more than a pro. It's hard to find these kind of people here in Aus, whilst most people just rush and do it for the money.

His prices are dead set cheap, quality parts too. He gives reccomendations for which set up is best for you.

Thank you John :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'll have to join the chorus! Had my Patrol lifted by John last week too. This is the second vehicle John has helped me with and both experiences have been great. The assistance, advice and then ongoing support is 2nd to none.

As for my truck... what a difference the new suspension has made. The 2" lift resulted in just over 70mm in improvement (even with heavy front and rear bar work on the truck). Handling and ride is superb.

Scott

·
bit cold out it seems
9,270 Posts
x eleventy billion, John has been a pleasure to deal with in the past and with the sheer number of customers he has had I have never heard a bad word about him. That really counts for something I think.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just wanted to jump on this band wagon! Thanks john for the great price and great job! I will follow up with pics soon but had John fit a 2" lift into my GQ. Was great to be able to discuss the various options with someone who clearly knows his stuff so that I feel that the final decision is the right one. John is great at applying no bias to products, just the facts, which is a great change to many other shops looking for a quick sale.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm happy to endorse all the above comments. Zordo has just installed Dobinson springs, Lovell shocks and airbags in my GU Patrol rear end. Having towed our 23ft van 15000km so far from Perth, it was starting to sag a bit at the rear although it was still towing ok. John didn't try to sell me anything I didn't need and was professional, knowledgeable and friendly. My rig is now sitting higher and with 14psi in the airbags barely drops when all hooked up. The rear end feels firmer whether towing or not and also feels very stable.
Oh yes, and his prices were very reasonable too. I am definitely happy with the result.
Cheers,
Ralph :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
good to hear guys. its great when you hear that there are still honest blokes out there not just to make a buck or two, but are willing to explain there work to us less mechanically minded people. i certainly will be looking zordo up for my future suspension enquiries.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got the 3' on the gu done, awesome work zordo thank you. Ps my mate with the hilux will call you about the 3'. He cant stop looking at my car now. I will post the photos tomorrow.

·
Registered
84 Posts
ZORDO for PM!!

My turn to blow the trumpet and climb on the band wagon.
I had a 2 inch lift fitted by a big name supplier 8 months ago and one front coil sagged rather badly in the last couple of months.
They virtually didn't want to know me when I rang them about it, couldn't tell me if it was covered by warranty, and was made to feel like I was inconveniencing
them over the issue.
After reading so many good things about Zordo, I decided to see what he could do for me.
Well it turned out he went out of his way to make sure I went away happy!!
After changing out 3 sets of springs and issues with the air bags, (near enough was never good enough) John was happy with the final result and so was I.
I'll be going back for the rest of my suspension gear, the service is tops and so is the bloke!
Thanks again John.
Cheers Gavin

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hi Everybody

I have just fitted a 2" lift with able help from Paul Helm and my stepson. Had the job done in about 4 hours including lunch (made by my wife)

I found John really pleasant to deal with, and all the items were shipped to me very quick. I've now got it all on and will be going out soon to give it all a try. I went for a laden 2", so it is probably more like 3" at least. I will run the tape measure over it shortly.

Thanks to Paul for his help. We did it in two beer breaks mate.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Lift by zordo

Had another Zordo lift done today in my GU, 4inch full kit, this is my second kit off john along with other parts over the last 3 years, all i can say is one word EXCELLENT.
Good prices and excellent service, has a well set up workshop to do everything properly. you can stay and watch/help while the work is getting done, definitly no corners cut there.

thanks John

P.S will upload photos soon

·
Registered
17 Posts
Zordo

I also had 2'' lift done by Zordo, Very impressed with the service, didnt try to sell me what i didnt need. Highly recommended:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got Zordo to do my patrol yesterday! Best thing I have done, this bloke really knows his stuff and is the most organized I have seen, prices are very keen as well. Once again thanks John.
Cheers
Adrian.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts