Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4 wagon
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all,

Just wondering if anyone out there has a lift pump fitted up with a long range rear main fuel tank.

Hi have a lift pump and am thinking about a long range tank, but where I have the pump installed on the chassis I am not sure if a long range tank will fit.

If anyone has any photos of their setup it would be much appreciated.

Cheers Kym

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4 wagon
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate, hadn't thought of there, I have mine mounted on the chassis rail directly behind the panhard rod bracket and I think it will be in the way for a long range tank.

·
Premium Member
2004 ZD30di ST-L
83 Posts
This is the only thread I could find. Just wondering if others are running lift pumps with long range tanks.

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,169 Posts
Just wondering if others are running lift pumps with long range tanks.
I do. It sits above the right chassis rail behind the cover in the right rear wheel arch that conceals all the fuel filler piping.

·
Registered
nissan
1,017 Posts
I have a Longranger tank and have fitted my lift pump and primary fuel filter in the cavity behind the right rear wheel(sounds similar to Overboards location). I have the pump mounted lower than the filter. Not much room in there to get a pic from memory, will have a look tomorrow.

Reactions: Hords

·
Registered
nissan
1,017 Posts
Couple of pics not much room for decent pics
Top ..jpg

Top down with cover behind wheel removed shows pipes and fuel filter mount.
Bottom..jpg

From underneath shows filter and non return bypass

Pump.jpg

Fuel pump from below

Not real good pics but may help.

Reactions: Hords

·
Premium Member
2004 ZD30di ST-L
83 Posts
Thanks a lot guys for the input. I've just had a Long Ranger main installed through ARB. That's all that was available (cancelled order) as there's an average 2-4 month wait time with all suppliers. Then when I get home I noticed it was wet on the bottom outside. One of the welds has a pinhole half way up. ARB have acknowledged and have got Long Ranger to jump the queue but the best will be mid next week. I (hopefully) leave on the Friday for Hay River but being from greater Melbourne thats another challenge.

·
Registered
nissan
2,929 Posts
Don't add extra filters on the TD42, the factory filter is perfectly capable of the job required, lift pump or no lift pump.
Carry a spare filter and replace them every time you change the oil.
I see it all too often where extra filters have been added and the extra restriction has caused abnormal pump wear and issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts