Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now I've done a 3" lift kit on a HZJ75 landcruiser, 4" lift on a GU & 4" lift on a GQ.

Old mate says 'how long would it take?' 'About 4-6 hrs, given that I've never done drop boxes' I said. Hahaha YEAH RIGHT!!!

My GU took 4hrs not including castor plates & brake lines. How much harder could it be?
Well I should have known when he said it had sat in storage near the ocean for 6yrs. We snapped a brake line, went through a bottle of penetrene, cracked my knuckles several times, had to turn the tail shaft around, had to use my spring clamps to get his front springs in (although this was because we didn't jack the body high enough & diff was already on the ground. The drop boxes were easy, although a little time consuming.

I discovered the factory differences between the GQ & GU under the cab. The springs are longer on the GU (fronts at least), the suspension geometry is definitely better, & all components generally heavier duty.

I think 8-10hrs is more realistic. In any case there's another tough truck roaming around.

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
Good one mate.

Where are you working?

·
Registered
nissan
472 Posts
You should of used a rattle gun .
then you could of spent some time fixing snapped bolts as well.
I put a set of 2" GU rear springs in my GQ and got a 3" lift, definitely a weight difference there

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
Practice makes perfect. ......

the weight diffrence between the 2 is enough to think about but its all so the size of the gu hanging over the diffs that would play the bigger end of the stick.

I can do springs and shock rather quick, same with inner axle seals

1 - 4 of 4 Posts