Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, in the attached photo is the same lift pump I have. Does anybody know what the black thing is with the four screws, with the red and black wires coming out of the top?

The mechanic seems to believe its either an electric pump or fuel contamination sensor.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
At a guess, I’d say it’s the sensor for the water warning light, for when you get water in the filter. Mine is on the bottom, I’ve not seen one like yours but I reckon that’s what it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At a guess, I’d say it’s the sensor for the water warning light, for when you get water in the filter. Mine is on the bottom, I’ve not seen one like yours but I reckon that’s what it is.

Sent from my iP
Thank you for the reply.

The sensor for detecting water is on the bottom too, caused lots of colourful language during its removal. This bit I have no idea.

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
269 Posts
Thank you for the reply.

The sensor for detecting water is on the bottom too, caused lots of colourful language during its removal. This bit I have no idea.
Gday mate thats an odd looking primer pump lol,
Did you remove the 4 screws and seen whats under?
Easiest way (and mess free) to remove the water seperator part off the filter is to unplug the unit then take primer pump off bracket flip upside down and just place bolts back in holes to take off the water seperator use a pair of vice grips or adjustable spanner and be careful. Then just crack fuel filter off with filter removal tool empty diesel in ice cream container and get rid of it, i use that diesel to kill ants that come out from under my pavers lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gday mate thats an odd looking primer pump lol,
Did you remove the 4 screws and seen whats under?
Easiest way (and mess free) to remove the water seperator part off the filter is to unplug the unit then take primer pump off bracket flip upside down and just place bolts back in holes to take off the water seperator use a pair of vice grips or adjustable spanner and be careful. Then just crack fuel filter off with filter removal tool empty diesel in ice cream container and get rid of it, i use that diesel to kill ants that come out from under my pavers lol.
This what is underneath the four bolts. I'm still none the wiser lol

Attachments

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
269 Posts
Yeah right i cant say i have seen such a thing before, but like BJM said it might be a heater. Any way you can test it out to see if it does get abit warm once ignition is on maybe?

·
Registered
nissan
8 Posts
Closest thing I could dig up is on some older TDs and Specifically Safaris had a float valve in a similar position???

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
269 Posts
Closest thing I could dig up is on some older TDs and Specifically Safaris had a float valve in a similar position???
What would that float valve do? Also what i dont understand about looking at it you would expect there to be a gasket/seal around it which it doesn't have. Its a wierd thing hey.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts