Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed one of those light bars (240w) to my 98 GQ ute. WOW they surely put out some light but now when I go from high beam back to low beam I am left with a very yellow dim light from the OEM sealed lights. What can I do to fix this? I assume the headlights can be replaced but the main issue is the colour difference. It is really bad going from a bright white to a yellow/brown.
TIA

·
Registered
nissan
2,863 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,893 Posts
Hi mate

I can help fix your lighting issue. It really depends on your budget but I have low beam projector headlights that would still give you plenty of light on low beam and they can be coloured matched to your led bar within reason. Your bar would be 6500K which is a bad colour for headlights in rain or fog so I would be going with 5000K or 6000K at the most.

There is also some comparsion pics of the ebay junk along side these in the link below.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.580014268721027.1073741835.579539442101843&type=3

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/mick...rices-reduced-due-better-buying-power-152457/

·
Registered
nissan patrol
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm all lumens out after reading all that. I'll have to have a flux down for a while. What happened to the "keep it simple theory"?

I got a 20" with 24 x 10w cree lights. I still go out and turn it on just to say "wow that's bright". My XGT's are barely visible when I turn them on. Just need to sort out the OEM lights.

·
Registered
nissan
52 Posts
Actually, the sun is yellow, as is the light (just ask superman - lol). we just don't see it as yellow. yellow is the easiest color for the human eye to see, not white. there is a very dull but very informative.:)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,893 Posts
I'm all lumens out after reading all that. I'll have to have a flux down for a while. What happened to the "keep it simple theory"?

I got a 20" with 24 x 10w cree lights. I still go out and turn it on just to say "wow that's bright". My XGT's are barely visible when I turn them on. Just need to sort out the OEM lights.
There is no way of making halogen look like LED so you will have to stick with what you have.

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,158 Posts
Projectors are very good, but for a more budget option you can replace your sealed beam lights with H4 Halogen lights with quality globes in them. This will give you a nice improvement. Upgrading the wiring loom will help too.

Or just save up for projectors. ;)

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Finding a halogen globe or sealed beam over 4000K would be impossible I'd think.
I do have a pair of Hi/Lo sealed beams in mine that are 4000K and the sealed halogen globes inside have a shot of zenon gas to get the colour to 4K, then the housing is halogen sealed like normal sealed beams. They are close to white and bright as (75/70w) but the symmetrical lens pattern in them makes the focals terrible and sprays light all over the place (just like a retrofit HID in an H4 insert) so it's bad for oncoming drivers............ but good for me.
I ended up getting some proper RHD patterned sealed beams which are 70/55w and see how they go.
If you got the coin go for Micks projecta's.
Also it's got me ph ucked why LED manufacturers continue make their LEDs 6000-6500K colour instead of 4500-5000. Maybe it's to make up for the inefficiencies of tiny LED chips and poor reflectors in a lot of them

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,893 Posts
Also it's got me ph ucked why LED manufacturers continue make their LEDs 6000-6500K colour instead of 4500-5000. Maybe it's to make up for the inefficiencies of tiny LED chips and poor reflectors in a lot of them
When you know the answer to that let me know. lol

I think it's the same as HID where 6000K is cheapest and easiest to make. The only guys making 5000K are Baja at the moment. The funny thing is everytime I ask suppliers why there always crappy 6500K they say it's because it's popular. This is total bulls hit thats only because there isn't any other options. lol

I'm in talks with a supplier about having them made in 4300K and they have agreed but the only drama is I need 100 light bars minimum of each side I want made or they wont do it. 100 of any size light bar is a massive order for me and most sellers in Aust. I'm hoping with the help of a big distributor in the US that I can get enough interest to get some made but 5000K is all they will come down to as well at the moment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts