Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyman and his dog seem to have Lightforce 240's - but don't think I've seen anyone drive past with Lightforce Genesis. Is there a reason for this?!

·
Registered
Nissan
338 Posts
Lightforce Genesis dont look that immpressive.

I'd prefer 240's over any spotties, mainly looks and for the light ofcoarse :p

·
Registered
823 Posts
i have 3 on top of my ute at the moment and puting a 4th on soon they seem like an ok lite but i have only got the halogen type the hid is heaps better. They look a lot smaller wen in a bullbar or up top so yeah

·
Registered
nissan
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So probably just a matter of taste (240mm vs 200) then?

I was looking at them as the factory holes on my bullbar are too far back to allow 240's to fit properly without drilling new holes further forward.

Toss up between IPFs and Genesis I reckon. Leaning towards Gensis though as had Nite Stalkers on my Paj (copy of IPF?) which were great - but I want something different and better!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I was looking at them as the factory holes on my bullbar are too far back to allow 240's to fit properly without drilling new holes further forward.
Finally I know why people have these things sticking out past the bullbar (ie protection).
Always seemed strange to me.
I guess if they don't fit and you want your truck to be 'fooly sic' then it's the only option :D

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
i have 3 on top of my ute at the moment and puting a 4th on soon they seem like an ok lite but i have only got the halogen type the hid is heaps better. They look a lot smaller wen in a bullbar or up top so yeah
they must be awesome if you need 4 of them.

·
Registered
823 Posts
yeah they are a great light alot better with the blue covers

·
Registered
823 Posts
i would just go with one spot and one spread as they have the spead beam reflector in them so u dont need the spread beam lens

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
bruce is just jealous he don't have a xmas tree on the front of his truck ..... scrooge ......

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
btw why is this in GU rather than General or auto electrical?

·
Registered
nissan
205 Posts
I know where they are - the front of my GU!!!
I got the spot and spread HID Genesis from Jet6 and they are absolutely brilliant
Also the fit a lot better in the standard GU steel bar than the 240
And look better hehehe

·
Registered
nissan
77 Posts
matter of taste really, but yeah the genesis do fit better in some situations, they also have a better anti theft ability in that the adjusting bolt is held in place by a grub screw that cant be undone without removing the mounting bolt, so if u use anti theft nuts they are a bit harder get off. As for all lights, generally the biggger and higher the quality of the reflector coupled with a decent globe the better the light or lumen output!

·
Registered
823 Posts
hey jet6 just wondering how much are u selling the hid genisis for

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
hey jet6 just wondering how much are u selling the hid genisis for

I sell them for $750 a pair plus post in 55w and your choice of colour, fully internally ballasted, to upgrade to 70w its an extra $60

Cheers Matt

·
Registered
nissan
979 Posts
I sell them for $750 a pair plus post in 55w and your choice of colour, fully internally ballasted, to upgrade to 70w its an extra $60

Cheers Matt
I'm assumming that's your own HID lights in Lightforce shells? What's your opinion of the OEM Lightforce 35 watt HID's ? Apart from being hideously expensive do you think they offer any advantage's over aftermarket HID's ? From memory I think they claim longer life and better bulb design leading to less shadow line in the beam. Any truth in that do you think ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts