Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I have the most annoying problem, every time I drive into a pothole, in Peru its every 2 or 3 meters, my truck goes into limp mode and the Engine light comes on. I cant figure out what is going on and it is driving me insane...anyone ever had this problem?

Thanks!

·
Registered
823 Posts
hi buddy, maybe check your engine harness for loose connections? also check where the harness plugs into the ecu and the auto ecu etc.

cheers JC

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
Check the codes to find out what code it's throwing. That'll point you in the right direction. It'll be a low voltage code throw as a result of a loose connection somewhere I'd say.

Reactions: P4trol

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,752 Posts
Reverse over the same pothole?

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reverse over the same pothole?
LMAO.....I have the same issue as many of us with the OBD2 code reading....Im waiting for my cable from Amazon, Ebay, and Tiny Deal...I figure one of them should work. I will purchase Data Scan Software when they get here and check the code.

In the mean time she is of to the mechanic to check all the wiring...funny thing though, yesterday I opened the relay box that feed the ECU and all the relays where stuck there. I could not take them off.

Im thinking the loose connection probably overheat them and made them stick. I think I will change the relay box and relays as well.

Ill let you guys know, Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts