Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I know this has been covered but I need to find a place to start without spending lots. I have a gu 3 3ltr di and It has started to experience a power loss around 2500 revs or 100kms in top gear. I feel the power drop away and I can push the peddle to the floor with no result. upon lifting of the pedal and reapplying the issue is resolved until I settle at 100ks again. the interesting part is that if I drive at 110kms or in third at 2500 revs there is no issue. the issue occurred suddenly one day not a gradual thing I had been driving great the day before. I started with a full service and maf sensor clean but to no avail. help please I need this car in top shape quickly as a trip is on in three days

·
ZD30 Out - L77 In!
nissan patrol
3,346 Posts
Cleaning the MAF doesn't always fix it. Cleaning should be considered a maintenance procedure, not necessarily a remedy for a MAF that's had oil burning in it for a long time. You most likely need to replace the MAF.

·
Premium Member
Nissan GU1 4.2
417 Posts
I have seen that before when there was a problem with the fuel filter. We replaced the filter and the car was back to normal

·
ZD30 Out - L77 In!
nissan patrol
3,346 Posts
I have seen that before when there was a problem with the fuel filter. We replaced the filter and the car was back to normal
Very true, but that would bring on the check engine lamp. speedy18 didn't mention a MIL.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU III ST
50 Posts
I had an extremely similar issue with my 2004 GU III. Was limp around 100-110kms and blew a fair bit of black smoke through the gears. Also, it was running poorly. Took it to a good DEISEL mechanic and turned out to be the MAF sensor. I did also keep it clean through regular maintenance by it was fubar! Purchased a new 'genuine' maf sensor($165 approx) and it was better than ever. Smoke gone, running better. Stoked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts