Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gq patrol
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this company pop up on my facebook that does the spray on ute liners, and me being me, I had to have a a looky see. Turns out that you can do a full paint job using the product which would make a scratch resistant :eek: I reckon it looks like it would be pretty cool, but does anyone on here have it done? And how much extra weight would it add to the vehicle?

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Weight-wise, I reckon a small percentage of bugger-all. I'd wager somewhere around the 10kg mark, give a little or take a fair bit.

I do wonder how easy it is to clean gravel/red dust off it.

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
Weight-wise, I reckon a small percentage of bugger-all. I'd wager somewhere around the 10kg mark, give a little or take a fair bit.

I do wonder how easy it is to clean gravel/red dust off it.

easy to clean, and very durable. doesn't scratch, is very slip resistant. very protective. ie, hit a tree and the panel will most likely reform itself without damage. no more creased panels.

as its a rubber coating, and sprayed with a minimum thickness of about 2mm, id say over a car it would add noticeable weight.

one other thing to mention, once it goes it, it aint coming off.

it is the very in thing in america atm, you will definitely find a lot more about full car spraying in line-x if you searched mostly american sites.

i have "rhino lining" on my tray, and also in the tub of my BT50, love the stuff.

im not sure about line-x, however the rhino lining doesn't seem to be uv stabilized, it has definitely faded on the back of my patrol.

·
Registered
Nissan
90 Posts
It still didn't manage to cover that horrible case of acne on that Tundra :(

I covered my Safari with a DIY roll on bedliner a few years ago. It was a bit of a rush job, but it has certainly kept the sheet metal from getting gouged by branches and such. The brand I used was Pro Form (a Canadian Company) and is has held up much better than a couple other DIY bedliners I had tried previously. The black has faded somewhat however and am planning to go over it with a tintable DIY liner from Monstaliner (haven't yet decided on a color).

Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner

·
Registered
nissan gq patrol
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I understand it comes in different colours I think. I reckon if it was for a hardcore rig it would be awesome ;)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,891 Posts
Most of those aren't UV stable but you can have any colour you want added. There is about 5 main colours or maybe more now but you can tint the colour with your choice of automotive paint and you can paint over it but then it defeats the purpose of having the scratch resistance it's designed for.

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,925 Posts
Had the guy from Line-X at work yesterday with their Colorado with full spray to body. Around .5mm thick they do tub liners at 3mm thick. Yes it is UV stable as they put another coat on top. Showed him my Patrol and asked how much just for cab he said 5. I said 500 book me in. He said no $5000. I said phuck me. So it was around $10k for the Colorado. I wonder how many will spend this coin ?

·
Registered
nissan gq patrol
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My missus is going to get her hilux done in it she decided. I think I will just stick with the bar work getting coated in it ;)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,891 Posts
I'd be interested to see how UV stable it really is. Most of the testing for this sort of stuff is done overseas and what they call UV stable and what is actually UV stable in Australia is 2 totally different things. That is why we have totally different binders, hardeners and tinters made pacifically for Aust.

If a product is made in the USA or elsewhere overseas and doesn't have written on it somewhere that its for Australia then most of the time it's not made to handle our climate.

What is this magic product they put over the top to make it UV stable?

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,925 Posts
I'd be interested to see how UV stable it really is. Most of the testing for this sort of stuff is done overseas and what they call UV stable and what is actually UV stable in Australia is 2 totally different things. That is why we have totally different binders, hardeners and tinters made pacifically for Aust.

If a product is made in the USA or elsewhere overseas and doesn't have written on it somewhere that its for Australia then most of the time it's not made to handle our climate.

What is this magic product they put over the top to make it UV stable?
Hi Mick. They told me to wait a week until I brought it to them as they were waiting for a new UV topcoat product to turn up. Would you like me to find out more info ? Also said the product had a longer drying time ?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts