Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone. We now have a video comparing the sound of the GU 3L exhausts ...

Stock Nissan exhaust Vs Legendex full system Vs Legendex Berserker system.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X9oFdG0aAqE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hmmm - the youtube video embed code doesn't work - sorry about that but here's a solution.

Click here to view the video on Youtube

OR

Click here to view the video on our Legendex 3L GU webpage.

Here are the specs of each system:

Stock Nissan Patrol 3L exhaust - 2" mild steel with 2 cats, 2 resonators and a large muffler. The pipework has numerous restriction. The stock cats are restrictive as are the resonators and the muffler is very convoluted.

We butchered a stock Patrol muffler to show you the internal restrictions (above)

Check out the stock system beside the full Legendex system (above).

And closer showing the restrictions (above)

Legendex full system - 3" 409 grade stainless (thermal coated) with ceramic coated dump - high-flow diesel specific stainless cat (with 200 cell stainless core) in the dump, double braided stainless flex in the connect pipe, 304 grade stainless high-flow straight-through muffler.

Legendex Berserker system (above) - 3" 409 grade stainless (thermal coated) with ceramic coated dump - high-flow diesel specific stainless cat (with 200 cell stainless core) in the dump, double braided stainless flex in the connect pipe, berserker no-muffler pipe (photo shows the berserker pipe beside a full muffler system for a 4.2L Patrol - so there is no cat in the dump).

Cheers
Richard

·
Y61=WIN
nissan
2,973 Posts
Thanks Richard those videos are good. I'm delighted with my legedenx system it's best of breed. I missed out on the berseker offer though so I dont have the pipe. Using the standard ADR noise test, what is the SPL in DB of the berserker as opposed to the muffler on a CRD 3L?

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Nullack

Berserker (no-muffler) pipes are for off-road use only :)
They only take a few minutes to switch over from the muffler pipe (4 bolts) and that can easily be done beside the track.
Even without a muffler the system is only noticeably louder if you really jump on the throttle. That's because the turbo does a lot of silencing.

PM sent.

Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
nissan
599 Posts
Hi Richard, I have shot you a pm this morning. Hopefully you can help me out. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi Richard,

Just wanted to say thanks for sorting the exhaust out for me. Getting it with the muffler makes it a little quieter than I was expecting, but it still makes a nice note from outside the car. Turbo spools earlier and it definitely feels like it has more power, will be interested to get it on the dyno to check the actual increase. Installation was fairly easy, it took me longer to get the old exhaust off than it did to install the new one, with most of the time being spent on the Dump pipe!

Matt

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Matt

Well done. Glad to hear your installation was fairly easy. Yep, the old exhaust removal is usually where the work is - and some of those dumps require patience and lots of penetrating oil. I hope you didn't sacrifice too much skin from your knuckles.

Great to hear you are getting noticeable gains.

Cheers
Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts