Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just cleaned up the rear of my GQ and added a cargo barrier. The plan is to install my aux battery in the boot snug up agains the cargo barrier. I will most likely do lithium. However I also want to install a water tank in the same area. Is it a bad idea to have your water close to Lithium batteries? I remembered lithium and water mix from chemistry and it was violent.

My initial plan was a slim line batter bolted to the cargo barrier then the water tank against the battery. I will run my ctek s250se system for solar as well.
As always I have less space than I hoped for so considering other options.

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
1,600 Posts
Battery is sealed so will be fine, the type of tank you will use is another issue. I wouldn't use bladders if they were the one and only option. Poly tanks are the way to go in my opinion and if for drinking water go a black tank rather then those yellow ones you see advertised for drinking water.

·
Registered
nissan
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Use a Lithium battery that is suitable for “outdoor use”.

You wouldn’t believe it, but all electric vehicles can be driven (and charged) in the rain even though they have Li-ion batteries… :sneaky:
I was more thinking incase if a crash. Pretty sure it would be fine however I rather think about these things before rather than ops… after. Especially as we don’t have an option to put out a lithium fires just yet.

·
Registered
nissan
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Battery is sealed so will be fine, the type of tank you will use is another issue. I wouldn't use bladders if they were the one and only option. Poly tanks are the way to go in my opinion and if for drinking water go a black tank rather then those yellow ones you see advertised for drinking water.
Thanks, I was hoping for one of those slanted tanks (Boab) but it will most likely not fit due to the brackets on the cargo barrier. It will depend on the battery I will use.

Why would you recommend black poly vs other color? Flavour or growth in the tanks?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was more thinking incase if a crash. Pretty sure it would be fine however I rather think about these things before rather than ops… after. Especially as we don’t have an option to put out a lithium fires just yet.

An option to put out lithium fires is an F-500 extinguisher. I added one to the patrol once I went 2 lithium batteries in the back. So I run a dry chem (electrical,oil) and the F-500 (lithium,oil)

The F-500 is basically water with an encapsulater additive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts