Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 4x4
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we got robbed last night. Missus went to bed at 10.30, closed and locked sliding double doors onto front veranda and closed the front screen door, main door still open. Me, I'm watching TV with laptop on my knee in the lounge. Midnight, I go to bed. notice front screen door open and gate onto veranda open. This is unusual as we have 2 small dogs that run away at every chance. I close the gate and the noise makes dogs bark and come running to see whats going on. Close front door and go to bed. I'm still on holiday so don't get up early. Missus heads off to work at 7am, can't find her bag. Wakes me and I tell her to have agood look around as she is always saying things are lost but she just doesn't look properly. Eventualy I agree, bag is gone. We ring and cancel cards etc then call police.
Theives are dumb. We have just got back from being away and video camera, digital camera, ipod, portable harddrive, 5 bottels of bundy rum(2 Black) and cash in a money bag is on the dining table, they walked past all that to take handbag on the floor. When they took it, if I had turned my head I would have seen them.
Spare Patrol key is in the bag so all locks are being rekeyed in the morning. Patrol is behind the gate tonight. Only about $30 in the purse. Bag is brand new, bought while on holiday.

Suspect Rainbow kids,as they only go for cash. don't have the brains to sell goods.

I'm fat and unfit but I bet I could have run the ****ers down if I had seen them

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
why didn't the dogs go nuts?

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
I caught a little rapscallion trying to steal my letterbox once. I heard him out there with his mates so i got my camera and snuck to the front window and took several photos of him - the flash scared him off. Not sure why he would want my dodgey letterbox, but anyway..

The next day when i was at the shops i saw him there, being dragged around shopping with his parents, still wearing the same clothes.. I went up to them and asked if they knew what their son was doing last night, to which they said he was at a friends place. I explained to them what id seen, got their email address and emailed them the photos. they emailed me back in horror, they thought he was the perfect angel child...

Havnt seen him (or his mates) since...

Your story makes you wonder... its like when they smash a car window to steal small change from a car console.. insurance premium to get the window replaced is more than the money they took!

Betcha if you caught them they would have learnt a lesson!

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 4x4
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why didn't the dogs go nuts?
Thieves were very quiet and I think cause we had been away for 2 weeks, they were cuddled up with mum....

If I had caught them, it would have been a lesson not soon forgotten. When I was 16 I threw a drunk that walked into our house, over the front fence. 4ft high. I sort of remember doing it but must have gone into a rage of some sort.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,333 Posts
These storys are becoming all to fimiliar lately im not sure if its the law,police or parenting thats the problem but i think its time these little ****s got a good kick in the butt at the least i know if i caught them this would be the case.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I remember having a pair of new sand shoes knocked off me front verendah in our house in Soldiers Hill, did a bit of an investigation, notified police of who it was that took me boots. They in turn visited the parents who said the boy "found " the boots in the Leichardt when they were out walking and they were with him when he found them.
Nothing I could do apparently.
I have heard police say to keep $20 near the front door in plain view, cause usually the person will break in and just grab that and go without looking further and possibly getting caught.
I'll just trust the dog to keep em out.
truck

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
"locks replaced tomorrow"

wait till you get a price on it, you will wanna drink all those bottles of piss before you call.... specially if your inc the ignition.

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
I had 18 rose bushes stolen a few years ago!! Just put the bloody things in about a week before.
Two seperate nights, *****s, they"ll steal anything thats not nailed down!

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
I had 18 rose bushes stolen a few years ago!! Just put the bloody things in about a week before.
Two seperate nights, *****s, they"ll steal anything thats not nailed down!
They did you a favour, roses are a bugger of a thing to tend to in my opinion :p

I dread the day that some lowlife invades my home, sad fact is that it'll more than likely happen :(
Guy I know had his home invaded by a pack of scum and he was beaten with a hammer. It was briefly in the Perth news when it happened (About a year or so ago), and it was pure luck someone dropped by to visit him which saved his life. Pretty sure they just stole some change and booze, and did a runner.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Why was your door unlocked? Not saying it's your fault. Shouldn't have to lock it if you are in the room, but it seems you do... Feel for ya mate.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 4x4
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"locks replaced tomorrow"

wait till you get a price on it, you will wanna drink all those bottles of piss before you call.... specially if your inc the ignition.
$27.50 x 3 for doors, $35 for ignition, $150 per key.
$500 excess
Won't be making a claim. Patrol is behind the gate, locks are at the locksmiths.
Worth the cost for piece of mind

·
Banned
nissan patrol
178 Posts
big front fence big dogs in the back yard lock the front screen all the time even when sitting right next to it! dead lock on front door to, sticky and noisy front gate, friends have asked why I haven't fixed it? and that's the reason.

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
They did you a favour, roses are a bugger of a thing to tend to in my opinion :p

You think I tend to em!!! HA! That's HER job! She want's em, she does em!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I had the dog go off sometime before christmas at 3.00am, stumble up to try and make sense of it, keeping every light off I head out the back patio to sit quietly and watch the dog, dog keeps looking further down the back past the 4 foot tall compound fence to past the boat growling quietly, grab a torch in one hand still in just my brief underdacks to go looking where property drops down 7m to the creek behind, knife snicked up toward my elbow in the other.

Look down from the top and 2m away is 7 young blokes 15/16yo ish bunched up in the ferns and ground cover all dripping wet (tropical forest just behind us) every face staring up at me, looked for all the world like a border control when they come across a group of hiding mexicans..although my authority was severely hindered by me being only in my white under dacks i did an ok job:)

They had done a 120m runner up our property]s driveway away from another 'clan' at a party somewhere up the road to hide and save being bashed up, drove them into town gave them $20 for a maxi taxi and all was finished.

Thing is it's not real nice to come across them face to face and i am a naturally bigger built bloke than 99% of all others out there, better to be happy they came and went even with some gear than for the situation to turn to ****.

Those lawfully empowered will feel the need to control the situation with not much more than bluff these days to anti up with, i think i got lucky in my scenario.

·
Registered
nissan patrol 89 tb42
86 Posts
well, flew home about three weeks ago to spend time with the wifey and little fella , had invited over my mates and his clan for a bbq brekkie , went to fire up the barbie, took off the cover and noticed the gas bottle and line was missing , f#@k C**^% i yelled out at seven in the mornings,After having the old bottle for 9 yrs had just swapped it a month before for swap and go on used it once i cant belive they took the line as well which was worse who has a spare line lying around for a 4 burner , now its all locked up in the shed

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
First Gu, its the worst when you're in the home when this happens,
happened to us a year ago,
all they took, was everything from my wallet.
Mind you there was no cash, just cards and i'd's,
while i was on the pc, and wife and kids asleep..
(FCK why did i not hear em, i only wish)

police inv unit did say there was clans that are going around stealing identities.

So make sure you ask the police for that esanda or whatever website, to register to,
so whenever any of those cards/ identities of yours are registerred worldwide for any loans / expendeture,
you get notiffied in a millisecond as do the cops.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Here on the gold coast, i was informed yesterday there is a gang operating out of boats, that is they approach the house from the water along the canals. most people dont lock up that side of the house.

Its getting really out of hand here

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,675 Posts
I think you got lucky with the bastards not taking the rum too.

Hope they drown in river this arvo. Bloody rain has got to be good for something.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Bidgee, the canals are full of Bull Sharks here. No chance in hell id swim in them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts