Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)Hi we are going to sell the house and live the dream and do the the big lap.The wife and two rugs have a camper trailer but i think that i will sell and buy a jayco outback leaving about june. Wich way would be the best way around oz starting in vic?????? thanks:p

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
Flip a coin but for me leaving in June does not give you much time going west to hit the Nullabour before it is hot.

Also 2 adults and two tin lids in a camper will be a test of patience for the long haul. A caravan with a shower and toilet would be a much better option in my opinion.

You need to avoid the North of Australia (I can talk I live there) during cyclone season especially in a camper or caravan. From what I have experienced with the winds whilst out on the road with the caravan I would go anti clockwise around Oz. That is the way we are going when we finish up in Karratha WA.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1 Posts
hey there!
my partner and I are heading off on a big lap too! We are madly getting ready as we plan to leave in march from vic and head west. Looking at taking the whole year to see the sights!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well the house is packed up and the caravan is too we leave next monday for our big lap heading up the east coast up to the cape cant wait..................

Attachments

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
Well the house is packed up and the caravan is too we leave next monday for uor big lap heading up the east coast up to the cape cant wait..................
Enjoy mate , keep in touch with us all ( so you can rub it in ) you lucky bugger

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
You Lucky Lucky Basket. Best of Luck, the tin lids are in for the experience of a lifetime, oh you and the mrs too. Stay in touch and heaps of piccys too.

·
Registered
nissan
253 Posts
Let the breeze take you where it wants fella. Your in the biggest and the best backyard in OZ so its all good.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Flip a coin but for me leaving in June does not give you much time going west to hit the Nullabour before it is hot.

Also 2 adults and two tin lids in a camper will be a test of patience for the long haul. A caravan with a shower and toilet would be a much better option in my opinion.

You need to avoid the North of Australia (I can talk I live there) during cyclone season especially in a camper or caravan. From what I have experienced with the winds whilst out on the road with the caravan I would go anti clockwise around Oz. That is the way we are going when we finish up in Karratha WA.
Good advice. I've been around Oz twice and the winds do make a difference. You will use more fuel (which adds up) if you go clockwise.

Good luck...you won't regret it one bit. Adventure of a lifetime, especially for the kids. Mine still talk about and they are now 27 and 28!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Make sure you carry some spare shockers for the truck and the camper(1 for each). Have fun. Very jealous.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts