Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just a very quick e-mail to let you know that we now have 532 people officially registered for our Local Government Class Action.

Things are progressing a lot slower than we had hoped and we need your help to really get things moving. Realistically, we need 20,000+ people if this class action is going to work and, given that there are over 22 million people in Australia and that this affects EVERY one of them in some way, this number should be achieved in a week.

If you own a property then you would have first-hand knowledge of the ridiculous council rate rises that have occurred over the past few years and, if you rent a property then you rent would have been increased to cover the cost of these same council rate increases. This local government class action will put an end to these insane, ever-increasing council rates.

You, or someone you know, would also, almost certainly, have received a council issued parking fine at one point in time or another, again, this local government class action will put an end to that – local council are NOT a level of local government and they have NO lawful right to issue fines!

So, please, let’s ensure that this e-mail and the Local Government Class Action website goes viral. Let’s stop forwarding stupid videos of people dumping ice water on their heads and the like and start sharing this website around on Facebook, Twitter, e-mails and forums all around the country instead.

Remember, it makes no difference what State you live in – every State will be represented by this class action and the results will filter down to every State as well.

Please, we urge you, take just 30 seconds to enter your name and your e-mail address – you will NOT receive any spam e-mails or anything like that – it is simply a registration of interest so that we know that Aussie are prepared to put their generally apathetic ways on hold for a moment and actually take action to make a difference.

Again, you don’t need any legal knowledge or anything yourself, you just need to register your interest and the guys at CLRG will do everything for you, once we know we have enough people on board.

Please pass this around so that our next e-mail update can include a report of the thousands of people that have now joined up!

And, once you have done that, please also take a few moments out to go to the Local Government page on the Know Your Rights group website - Local Government | Know Your Rights - and download the press release appropriate to your State, print it out and post it off, with a cover letter – that you can also download from that page – and send it off to your local MP to help us start putting together the ammunition that we need to win this case.

Thanks.

·
Registered
Nissan
508 Posts
Done. Absolutely no need or right for a 3rd tier of government. Good luck.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,803 Posts
Damn Mexicans ...

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,599 Posts
Done! We'll see what comes of it.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. You are making a difference, even if we can't get the numbers we're hoping for. At least we are making our voices heard. Share the word if you can, word of mouth is a powerful thing.

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
i don't mind paying my local council $7 per day to dispose of my turds,cart my rubbish away,mow the parks where i walk my dogs,keep the water coming out of my tap,fix the roads,allow me to dump my greenwaste at their transfer station, pay for the electricity for the streetlights,clean the public toilets etc,etc

it is user pays now
the era of entitlement has passed

thats like me saying why should my tax dollars go to hospitals,schools etc when i have private health/wage insurance

whats with all this suing large companys/banks etc. if you don't think you are getting value for money move out bush where the rates are a few hundred a year and the services are a grader up the gravel twice a year

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
I got a few off Facebook.

This means a lot to me, I know councils wastefulness more than the average, so I'll do all I can.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
i don't mind paying my local council $7 per day to dispose of my turds,cart my rubbish away,mow the parks where i walk my dogs,keep the water coming out of my tap,fix the roads,allow me to dump my greenwaste at their transfer station, pay for the electricity for the streetlights,clean the public toilets etc,etc

it is user pays now

thats like me saying why should my tax dollars go to hospitals,schools etc when i have private health/wage insurance

whats with all this suing large companys/banks etc. if you don't think you are getting value for money move out bush where the rates are a few hundred a year and the services are a grader up the gravel twice a year
In VIC, regions of QLD and other states, council does not manage sewage and water and generally they only do minor roads because of legislation, not because it's the cheap thing to do. State procurement in Vic would mean energy prices for street lighting would be tendered and cheaper under state run lighting than individual councils (or at least it wouldn't be more expensive thats for sure).

·
Registered
nissan
510 Posts
it is user pays now
I have no problems with a user pay system. But if that's the case, lets actually make it a user pays system.

Property A is worth $300,000

Property B is worth $600,000

IF it is simply a user pay system why does property owner B pay so much more for these council services?

Does property B have twice weekly rubbish collection instead of once weekly?
Do they use the parks more the property owner A?
Do they use the roads more than property owner A?
Do they use the street lights / public toilets more than property owner A?

We do not currently have a user pays system.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
I have no problems with a user pay system. But if that's the case, lets actually make it a user pays system.

IF it is simply a user pay system why does property owner B pay so much more for these council services?

I love that!!! Correct. I like it in post and I'll give you a thanks!

·
Registered
nissan
510 Posts
Hi,

Just a very quick e-mail to let you know that we now have 532 people officially registered for our Local Government Class Action.
I fully support this and have actually attended a few CLRG meetings myself!

Those guys definitely know their stuff...

I will be passing this on :D

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
fair point F40. rateable value is what your rates are based on.we do not own our land or the sky above our roof.it belongs to the goverment/local authority.rates are rent and charged accordingly.we have the right to use the ground 600mm down and 4 mtrs above our roofline.any thing above or below or further development of our properties must have development approval from the council.we can put up a 3x3 garden shed without development approval because the roof space is less than 10m2(in residential areas) rural is different.any resources belong to mines and energy and if you a granted a permit or lease to recover these resources you must pay royalties

·
Registered
nissan
2,222 Posts

Exactly, I live in a three bedroom house on my own and I'm pretty sure I'm not as much of a burden as my neighbour across the road with two kids and two adults living there yet we'll pay similar rates. My garbage bin barely gets to half way each week.
I also play/coach soccer and come January when I and a few friends and players I coach are wanting to shed the Xmas Turkey and get fit do you think we can find somewhere to do this? You get kicked off nearly every field of grass around here as you've not paid to use it so I at times struggle to see where my rates go to.
The UK dabbled with the poll tax for a few years, every council would have a different rate and every adult,18 and over, had to pay it. In theory a more equitable system.
People I feel for are the old, you read about so many oldies living on their own in a house they bought in the 60's or 70's and that is now worth a fair bit of money so they get hit with a huge rates bill that they have no chance of being able to pay. Those that say they can always move out into a smaller place have absolutely no understanding of the situation.

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
Exactly, I live in a three bedroom house on my own and I'm pretty sure I'm not as much of a burden as my neighbour across the road with two kids and two adults living there yet we'll pay similar rates. My garbage bin barely gets to half way each week.
I also play/coach soccer and come January when I and a few friends and players I coach are wanting to shed the Xmas Turkey and get fit do you think we can find somewhere to do this? You get kicked off nearly every field of grass around here as you've not paid to use it so I at times struggle to see where my rates go to.
The UK dabbled with the poll tax for a few years, every council would have a different rate and every adult,18 and over, had to pay it. In theory a more equitable system.
People I feel for are the old, you read about so many oldies living on their own in a house they bought in the 60's or 70's and that is now worth a fair bit of money so they get hit with a huge rates bill that they have no chance of being able to pay. Those that say they can always move out into a smaller place have absolutely no understanding of the situation.
I think like you pensioners are not treated right by the system but at least they get a discount from my local council.its a shame you can't enjoy a game of soccer in peace,only reply to that is go to your local member and badger them till you can.here in Redcliffe we have miles of clean beaches,a liberty swing for the disabled,bbq's large open grass area's where huge groups kite surf,play footy,dog parks.bike ways,a couple fishing platforms and board walks,bike tracks.in the main street at the jetty the council have an employee on sunday's /holidays cleaning the public toilets.the place always seems clean and tidy and well cared for.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
I have an onsite sewage treatment plant.

I have tank water

I live off a state government road.

And I pay $248 bux a quarter to the moreton bay regional council for to support the theieving millionaire bliters in redcliffe yet I was part of the pine rivers council which cost only half as much and let me use the local tip.

I do not get one iota of anything in return from these peninsular centric turkeys so they can get knicked.

Fck em all. ****ty mongrels. Deamalgamate from Beatties mad rubbish then annihilate the bastards.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
**** thats cheap! I pay a LOT more than that for my rural town unit/townhouse (investment). And that is not inclusive of water and sewage as that is another state company

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts

I have tank water

And I pay $248 bux a quarter to the moreton bay regional council for to support the theieving millionaire bliters in redcliffe yet I was part of the pine rivers council which cost only half as much and let me use the local tip.

I do not get one iota of anything in return from these peninsular centric turkeys so they can get knicked.

Fck em all. ****ty mongrels. Deamalgamate from Beatties mad rubbish then annihilate the bastards.
thanks for helping pay for my pleasant surroundings Benno lmao.the rates price here (i pay an extra $120) is to keep the gun toting murderous ******* PANDAS out in the hills where they belong hahaha

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts

I have tank water

thanks for helping pay for my pleasant surroundings Benno lmao.the rates price here (i pay an extra $120) is to keep the gun toting murderous ******** out in the hills where they belong hahaha
get farked its not a laughing matter
LoL , classic :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts