Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the Lockright model number for the rear (H233) MK Nissan diff (ratio should be 4.375 I think)? I am just about to send my second one back because it won't fit inside the diff centre. The first one they sent me was the 33 spline one for the rear of a GQ and the 2nd one was a 31 spline from the front of a GQ (lockright model 3210 LR) which has correct spline count but the overal diameter of lockright unit is still just a fraction to big and my current thrust washers have a hexangonal centre rather than round.
After this is complete my next project is to put an LSD unit in the C200 front diff - I have one on the way from a 4cyl Nissan Pathfinder/Terrano spline count is correct and I have read that they will fit just wondering whether I will encounter more problems?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
well according to the second page of this PDF: http://www.richmondgear.com/01pdfs/PTRAXAPP.pdf
they only make 2 to suit nissan, both are listed as 31 spline but only 1 is listed as H233, model numbers ar 3210 and 3220. so if youve bum'd out with the 3210, try 3220 i guess.

what was the model code for the GQ one, because its not in there catalogue as having a 33 spline version? also, which country you in and if australia how much is this costing you?

·
Registered
nissan
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in New Zealand - price from the supplier I got from was $669NZD incl shipping and GST (would say with the current exchange rate that these must be even cheaper in Aussie). Have tried both part number 3220 and 3210 LR and both were two big to fit into the housing.

·
Registered
nissan
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both the 3220 and 3210 were for GQ according to supplier, 3220 for the rear and 3210 for the front - as the GQ front diff is an H233 with the same spline and axle size I assumed the 3210 would fit after the failure with the 3220 he sent me first.

Another thought I have had - is would it be possible/recomended to try and adapt the one I have at the moment (the 3210LR) to fit. Figure this may be able to be done by one of two ways - either by bolting up the open centre form an GQ front diff to my current crown wheel. Or machining down the lockright as it is only 94mm and the centre is 90mm.

·
Registered
nissan
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found out the reason I couldn't get any thing to fit - when pulling the side spider gears out, I found some small clutch packs, which means once upon time a long time ago this used to be limited slip.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
ive been doing some research on the diffs. GQ rear is 33 spline H233B, front is 31 spline H233B, MQ rear is H233. there are some small differences between H233 and H233B, see this page: http://nerok.info/differential/info. im guessing the centres are also different size as you mention (90 vs 94mm).

·
Registered
nissan
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Read your page - alot of useful info on there. Lokka can apparently supply a rear locker that fits the MQ/MK so might pay to check with them. As for myself I have my diffs away getting done up so soon will hopefully have an LSD front and back - and if that doesn't give me enough traction I will upgade to a Lokka in the back.

·
Registered
203 Posts
ive been doing some research on the diffs. GQ rear is 33 spline H233B, front is 31 spline H233B, MQ rear is H233. there are some small differences between H233 and H233B, see this page: http://nerok.info/differential/info. im guessing the centres are also different size as you mention (90 vs 94mm).

Tried 3220 once into GQ front = too big
spline count doesn't matter there - it uses oem diff gears what are with spline count
and it's made for 4 spiders diff GQ front and MK rear are both with 2 spiders

1 - 10 of 10 Posts