Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my truck back from getting air lockers installed and just looking at the front centre thinking that doesnt look right turns out i had a lokka all along and it was useless i always thought it was open ended.

·
Banned
682 Posts
Well if it was in all the time and wasn't working then I would be looking at something else like a hub or something that wasn't fitted right as I have never known one to be open as you described and if fitted right cannot operate as an open diff.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,227 Posts
Maybe the locating pins are broken in the locker, why do you think its ****? did you ever notice one wheel not spinning?

btw ot, do have any photo of your rig posted up? looks tuff from the avatar.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
got my truck back from getting air lockers installed and just looking at the front centre thinking that doesnt look right turns out i had a lokka all along and it was useless i always thought it was open ended.
I'd say the pins are busted then cuz... locked is locked... doesn't matter if it is air, elec or mechanical so if it was "open" then that is usually sheared locking pins.

Check it out and get some spare pins if that is the case and sell it on... you will get a coupla hundred for it

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like a 4wd systems lokka, and yes i did notice one of the front wheels spinning on a few occasions.
do u mean the pins on the outa of the lokka unit?
i havent got piss all pics of thistruck yet, im headin out westy today so i'll post some up tonight

·
Banned
682 Posts
I busted one and it was repaired free of charge by 4WD Systems so I can't complain and would sure have another one, No worries.

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
didnt get many pics on my camera as this went bang about half hour in

i'll post more flics as i get them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts