Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Fck me! As if 170L standard on a GU ute isn't enough!

The drive side coils and coil towers would take a hammering lugging that unbalanced **** around.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Was it even weight distribution though? 70s? If so, leafs :D

Is this 170L subtank only mounted on the one side or does it go over the drive shaft?

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah mate HDJ79 leafs. Need to look at it and see where it sits
Would rather have long range front tank than rear though ?

·
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was it even weight distribution though? 70s? If so, leafs :D

Is this 170L subtank only mounted on the one side or does it go over the drive shaft?
Hey hey hey. The standard 85l sub tank is all on the drivers side of the tail shaft. The 170l does go over the tail shaft right over to the tray mounting points on passenger side so would be a lot better balanced I reckon.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Does the top of it have the big hump in it like the ute ones, or is it more like the profile of the wagon one?

Thanks

Craig

·
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It fills the same area as the 85l but the top is flat all the way across to chassis tray mounts on passenger side. I have a pic will put up tomorrow

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah nice,

I'm hoping I can fit one under my dual cab, I've had a chassis extension so hopefully it will work out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i'm in Perth mate, I'll have to investigate a bit more. Might need a trip to their workshop.

Cheers

Craig

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
**** it, I might get one and just do away with the main tank. so I can fit a spare under the tray and fit my rear winch a little nicer.

·
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool idea. Mmmm rear winch hey. That's what I need

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
Yeah nice,

I'm hoping I can fit one under my dual cab, I've had a chassis extension so hopefully it will work out.
By the sounds of it, no it won't fit in a dual cab.

I'd like to see a pic of this tank, I wonder if it sits any lower?

·
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looking at the picture it looks like it sits 50mm below chassis

·
Registered
nissan
1,109 Posts
Where are you going with so much fuel?

The longest trip without fuel is the Canning Stock Route and you could do that with the standard 170L. Unless its a 4.8 ute.

·
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yes but it's all about the extra price you will pay in remote areas and the fuel quality. Me and some mates did the Anne Beadell Hwy in May. Laverton to Coober Pedy which is over 1400km and one fuel stop in between at $3 a litre. My cruiser could carry 340l so i made it all the way no problem the other 2 had to fill up. There would be a few of the same scenario's in Oz. i would rather fill up where it is cheaper and better quality diesel as we all know what can happen with crap fuel

·
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Where are you going with so much fuel?

The longest trip without fuel is the Canning Stock Route and you could do that with the standard 170L. Unless its a 4.8 ute.
Canning Stock route is just over 2000km which means you would have to get 8.5l per 100km . There is no way you could do it with 170l. That would get you about 1000km in rough going maybe

1 - 20 of 39 Posts