Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just thought it about time I introduced myself. My name is Steve and I am from Baulkham Hills in Sydney. Been lurking in the background for the last 6 months soaking up as much info as possible. The knowledge and ingenuity in this place is just amazing. I am so jealous of all of your vehicles, but this just gives me something to aim for (and spend all of my spare cash on).

Bought my first patrol about 5 months ago; its a GU IV wagon with a few goodies. Due to costs constraints I went with the 3.0l grenade. A 4.2 would've been nicer but they were at least $7k more and they all had 350,000+ km.

Been doing a fair bit of 4wd with a bunch of mates that have a wide variety of vehicles ; hiluxs, colorados, 200 series, amarok, disco 2, disco 3 and even had a jeep tag along last weekend. Its nice to say that my little pootrol is easily the most capable 4wd vehicle in the bunch. They put chit on me a first, but now they let me test all the hard tracks. If I cant make it no one else even tries :)

Look forward to learning heaps more from you all, and in time making some useful contributions to this little community of 4wd nutters.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Nice rig mate, the window tint looks awesome against the white. Have you considered painting those wheels black? Think it would tie in with the rest of the car. Awesome starting point anyway, wait til you start modding things, it will snowball badly

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
Cool, still love that shape....
Have to ask though.... where did you find 'plural' GUIV td42's for only 7k more than your car? because yours is a DX yes?
did you buy your car in the 15-20k market?

·
Registered
nissan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there were a few td42's on carsales for around $30k-$35k. Paid $19k for mine with the bars, winch, uhf, 33"s, 2" dobinson lift, roof rack, dual batts and cargo cage. The ST were around $24k-$27k with the same gear but I couldnt justify the extra for electric windows, cruise control and carpet

definetely going black wheels in the future. Was thinking of 35" when the 33"s wear out, but not too sure about the unwanted police attention that I may get. The modding is already becoming addictive. Put in titan drawers, a fridge, and new winch. 2deg caster bushes (much needed) and shocks to come next month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts