Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks.

Just sitting here having a beer and thinking.

If Jase27 can do this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf28UQq0Jck

in an afternoon (once again, top stuff Jase).

What could we, as a forum, put together?

Anyone interested in putting a audio /visual project together?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Looks like fun.:D
But please dont tell me that was someone right next to the winch rope at the 45 sec point.:(
6 years of winch comps tell me there is no issue with that, it is rope, it is flat ground (no chance of suddenly sliding back and getting tension on the rope) and a much better idea than running over your rope when you get traction but can't proceed straight. When rope snaps, it flies along it's line of tension, and drops to the ground. Yes you can still get hurt (as I have seen happen) but bruising is about all and you have to be VERY unlucky for this to happen.

Common sense is all that is needed here and seems to have been used. He was in control of the cable (i.e. he was the navi or winch bitch) and so wasn't just "standing" there.

·
Registered
nissan
493 Posts
What could we, as a forum, put together?

Anyone interested in putting a audio /visual project together?
i reckon that'd be pretty sweet. i've only got a few videos of me getting bogged and stuff. :) but i will definately have more in about 3 weeks
(school finishes) :D

·
Registered
nissan
714 Posts
I have an Advanced Diploma of CGI and Visual Effects. . . . I reckon we could put something pretty sick together.

A lot of it though is in the quality of the filming.... good gear and good operators. There's only so much you can do in post.

I reckon if we had a day, specifically for it. . . we could make a killer dvd.

Should do a 2 day camping trip or something, make an even better one!

Sell them to forum members and the money can go back into the forum to pay for upgrades etc.

TF

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
the only thing i can think of when I read the thread title is

·
Registered
nissan
2,448 Posts
6 years of winch comps tell me there is no issue with that, it is rope, it is flat ground (no chance of suddenly sliding back and getting tension on the rope) and a much better idea than running over your rope when you get traction but can't proceed straight. When rope snaps, it flies along it's line of tension, and drops to the ground. Yes you can still get hurt (as I have seen happen) but bruising is about all and you have to be VERY unlucky for this to happen.

Common sense is all that is needed here and seems to have been used. He was in control of the cable (i.e. he was the navi or winch bitch) and so wasn't just "standing" there.
i should post up the triple line pull to pull you out marin!! lol

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
What could we, as a forum, put together??
How about Stubby Holders, Stickers, Shirts??

Or!!!
How about Membership options where you get an oober awesome logo next to your name?? I'll get right to designing one now.
How about a Vendors section? They could pay $and have their own section?

·
The Act of Faith
nissan patrol
2,650 Posts
How about Stubby Holders, Stickers, Shirts??

Or!!!
How about Membership options where you get an oober awesome logo next to your name?? I'll get right to designing one now.
How about a Vendors section? They could pay $and have their own section?

·
Registered
nissan
21 Posts
no wonder why council and dse close tracks and ban 4 wheel driving when people dont 4x4 responsable
driving like what i seen in the traralgon 6 november trip should be banned
good on ya all and thanks

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
no wonder why council and dse close tracks and ban 4 wheel driving when people dont 4x4 responsable
driving like what i seen in the traralgon 6 november trip should be banned
good on ya all and thanks
Yay, I'm gona start an arguement!!

So if this is not 4wding, what is? How about you write in to 4wd action and tell them that their driving in the DVD's is what gets tracks closed down?

Now back in your box until you have something useful to contribute.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts