Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all.

This is my first time around on these forums and I'm here for some help. I'm looking at getting my first 4x4 and saw a Patrol for sale.

Its a 1993 Nissan Patrol Ti. 4.2l EFI engine with 290,000 kms on it.

It comes with a bull-bar , winch with a new cable, LPF driving lights, snorkel, UHF radio, dual battery system, a flash-lube upper cylinder lubricant kit, factory diff lock and Bridgestone Dueller 694 All-terrain tyres.

Including 6 months VIC rego, the asking price is $5000. RWC is not included.

Now, is this worth the price tag? I know people have managed to take these Patrols to 500,000 kms and such but is this a good buy seeing how its already at ~300,000. How can I make sure I'm not buying a money pit and such?

Sorry for the long post with many questions. I don't know where else to go other than the forums of those who live and breathe Patrols.

·
Registered
nissan
1,109 Posts
IF it is in really good condition with no work needed then its still probably a little expensive. If it doesnt have a RWC then chances are it needs work...

Post the add.

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
nissan
1,109 Posts
You're still buying a 23 year old 4wd. Theres nothing obviously wrong from the ads but you need to inspect the vehicles yourself.

Theres a heap of threads on buying advice so do some searching so you know what to look for. GQs are very solid cars and will last ages if looked after. Have a look at past ebay sales as a guide to prices to give you negotiating power.

·
Registered
Nissan
90 Posts
I'm sure you're aware of the pretty dismal fuel economy, so we wont go down that road.

Given it's a Ti, I'd make sure all the electrics work, windows, mirrors etc. Whilst it's handy having power windows, it's pretty painful when they don't work.

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
the white one with rebuilt auto,if its as advertised offer 4500

·
Registered
nissan gq swb
483 Posts
Where are you in relation to any of these cars? None of them look bad, depends on you. Offers will get you a good car in the end.
I like everyones idea of these being too expensive, would be different if it was theirs for sale.

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
653 Posts
I think there both worth what the sellers are asking as long as they are mechanically sound and in reasonably good condition, a once over and roadworthy slip is a must before purchase.

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where are you in relation to any of these cars? None of them look bad, depends on you. Offers will get you a good car in the end.
I like everyones idea of these being too expensive, would be different if it was theirs for sale.
The one I linked last is the closest at 20-30 minutes away. The first one is about 6-8 HOURS away. The second is an hour away.

I'll see when I can go check the last one out and hopefully I'll be back with a positive outcome.

·
Registered
Nissan
65 Posts
With high kms on a petrol I reckon they arent really worth much at all really, brought my TD42 with 480,000 on the clock, she was in excellent condition for 25 years of age and now has 483 on it, reason I brought it with such high kms though is because it was a diesel I knew it would lost longer as diesels are built for it. Just something to keep in mind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts