Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been through a couple of threads but couldn't find any information on the 3" Stage 4 Lift Kit from Dobinsons is any running this lift kit and what is your opinion. Looking for a 3inch lift kit with a bit of flex has anyone got any recommendations that wont break the bank too hard?
Lift kit is linked below
3" Stage 4 Lift kit Dobinsons Springs & Shocks Arms Drop Box Bump GQ GU Patrol
Thanks in advance

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
16,755 Posts
To fit what model Max?

·
Premium Member
1999 GU Wagon ST RD28
516 Posts
I wouldn’t recommend Dobinsons for their shocks nor for their after sales service and warranty. Both are very poor.
Plenty of better options out there.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
16,755 Posts
Seriously max, It will cost you 3 times as much to do a 3" lift than it woud a 2"..
2" and a set of 33's will =3"
3" and as I mentioned, you are paying 3 times as much and can only run standard tyres unless you get it engineered.

Reactions: xtracabgq

·
Premium Member
1999 GU Wagon ST RD28
516 Posts
Seriously max, It will cost you 3 times as much to do a 3" lift than it woud a 2"..
2" and a set of 33's will =3"
3" and as I mentioned, you are paying 3 times as much and can only run standard tyres unless you get it engineered.
X2
Plus more instability. Extended brake lines blah blah blah...just not worth it

Reactions: 45/70

·
Premium Member
1999 GU Wagon ST RD28
516 Posts
Thanks for your candour, in regards to a 2 inch lift. Which are the better kits out there.
OME is prolly the gold standard. Or was at least. I've done well with Pedders trakryder springs and Koni shocks. No issues in remote travel.
Lovells are Australian and give great customer support in my experience.
I bought their kit for my off-road van, so can't comment on their Patrol kit, but will be going there when my Patrol suspension needs replacing.
Very impressed with the quality plus the phone support. Genuine blokes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks mate, will have a look into those brands, any idea on pricing for lovells or will I have to call?

·
Premium Member
1999 GU Wagon ST RD28
516 Posts
Thanks mate, will have a look into those brands, any idea on pricing for lovells or will I have to call?
Very reasonable in my experience. Give them a call and have a chat.

·
Registered
nissan
839 Posts
Have a chat to Zordo (from this forum) he sells suspension and is very helpful with advice. Steered me in the right direction. He also does a good price for forum members.
He's in the vendors section

·
Registered
Simpsons 50th, GU Patrol 2012
21 Posts
if cost inst an issue use superior,
but if it is im running king springs with formula shocks so far ive had no issues

1 - 12 of 12 Posts