Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, I am in Ottawa Ontario...and would love to find a Patrol up for grabs.
Ideally, someone looking to trade for what I have...but I am open to selling what I have in order to get cash.

What I have is a 2004 Toyota Tacoma Double-Cab with the TRD Off-Road package.

The good:
-Only 146,000Km
-New frame and rear leaf-pack replaced last November under a Toyota Recall.
-6 Month old 31" Duratracs
-All belts replaced when frame was completed
-New front right Axle.
-3" Body lift
-New Muffler
-Hella Ralleye 4000's (eurobeam Halogen)

The bad:
-The Rear Locker actuator is dead, you can buy new from toyota for around $800 or convert it to manual actuation for around $600; using hardware from chillkat designs.
E-Racer | Chilkat Designs

-Tailgate has surface rust up where the plastic liner has rubbed along the top edge.
-Moderate rust in the top rear left hand corner of bed; again where the plastic bed liner rubbed against the body.

I have photos, can take detailed ones of whatever anyone would like to see.
Not counting the new-frame, the trucks value is 14-16K CDN.

Please feel free to contact me with questions, or offers of trade!
I love the Tacoma wanted one for a long time, but I have wanted a diesel Patrol since I was kid...

Help me out folks!

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,781 Posts
If I see anything I'll post it up but Patrols are rare here. Any particular model? Have you thought of a Safari?

I have a LWB Y60 Patrol and 2 LWB Safaris. You'll see them around.

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey lads, thanks to you all for getting back to me here or via email.

I have a messed up rotator cuff at the moment, so I have not been on the computer much to check messages. I will get pictures sent off to you Dastrekker as per your request via email.

Twinotter...
I would take a patrol or a safari to be honest. My only requirement are that it is diesel and as reliable as the Toyota I am looking to trade. Preferably it would be of equal value, but I am not against taking some cash ontop of trading. I have looked at your photos....you willing to give any of those rigs up?

PB4UGO....
Your rig is very nice, basically right up my alley as far as what I would be interested in.
Why do I not live out West...sigh.
I would be interested for sure if we could somehow make something work logistically.

·
Banned
nissan
545 Posts
For the record pb4ugos rig and mine have nearly the exact same suspension and tube front bar set up. He has waaaay more lighting and modified interior.

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For the record pb4ugos rig and mine have nearly the exact same suspension and tube front bar set up. He has waaaay more lighting and modified interior.
Noted, I like your rig as well.
However PB4UGO's rig is closer in monetary value to what my truck would be worth; I would obviously like to get as much as I can for my trade.

To be honest, at this point I am considering just putting my truck up for sale locally. Once sold I would grab a plane ticket to head out that way to purchase something. I am however concerned about getting something that has been mechanically maintained...as I don't want it breaking down while driving back to Ontario.

I also have no idea on the "red-tape" involved if any, in getting temporary insurance in order to drive it back to Ontario....more knowledge on my end is needed I suppose. But I am one-hundred percent serious and looking. If I lived out West, one of you two would have sold me your rig by now...lets just put it that way.

I am not against driving my truck across the country either if the right offer/trade came my way.

·
Banned
nissan
545 Posts
You are probably going to have a very hard time trying to trade that truck to anyone in BC. Ontario vehicles have a bad stigma here and a strict out of province inspection will fail anything with rust or mechanical issues.

It's possible to get a temporary permit from ICBC for transport to another province.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts